New Software Version S315 for Hopper With Sling is Here

New feature in recording.

Select a show to record from the guide in the future and if there is a conflict a dialogue comes up with one of the selections to be record the next, non-conflicting showing. Very handy, beats the hell out of the resolution screen from before this update.

Select a show to record from the guide in the future and if there is a conflict a dialogue comes up with one of the selections to be record the next, non-conflicting showing. Very handy, beats the hell out of the resolution screen from before this update.

That was in S311

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

lparsons21 said:

That should be automatic, you shouldn't have to choose it.

Sent from my DROIDX

That was in S311

Are you sure that was in S311? I can't believe I had S311 from the first day it came out and never saw that dialogue. I guess I just never selected something that conflicted during that time.

Oh well... :) It is very nice anyway no matter which update put it there.

Are you sure that was in S311? I can't believe I had S311 from the first day it came out and never saw that dialogue. I guess I just never selected something that conflicted during that time.

Oh well... :) It is very nice anyway no matter which update put it there.

Yah pretty sure.

A few things not fixed yet:

1. custom Guides. In my 'movie' guide, I cannot add HBOW and have it stick no matter how I try to do it. This is a very old issue and long overdue for fixing.

2. Still can't change 'format' in SD channels. Mine is stuck on 'partial zoom' which is usually fine, but not always. This needs fixed.

3. In the Daily Schedule screen, if I page through instead of just move one line at a time, at the end it will switch back to the viewing screen immediately.

Are you sure the partial zoom isn't your tv? check yor remote's zoom button. If I go to an SD channel I get Normal. Pressing the Format button doesn't change anything in SD, but if I go back to an HD channel, I see that the Format button has changes the aspect of the HD channel. If I'm on the SD channel, my Zoom button steps me through the various aspect ratios on the TV.

A few things not fixed yet:

1. custom Guides. In my 'movie' guide, I cannot add HBOW and have it stick no matter how I try to do it. This is a very old issue and long overdue for fixing.

2. Still can't change 'format' in SD channels. Mine is stuck on 'partial zoom' which is usually fine, but not always. This needs fixed.

3. In the Daily Schedule screen, if I page through instead of just move one line at a time, at the end it will switch back to the viewing screen immediately.

I just tested three of my Hoppers with Sling and my Joey. They do not have your item #3 issue. All three Hoppers and Joey do not switch back to the viewing screen when I page thru the Daily Schedule to the end. When my kid wakes up I will test his Hopper to see if it has your Daily screen issue. If it does I will post back.

Are you sure the partial zoom isn't your tv? check yor remote's zoom button. If I go to an SD channel I get Normal. Pressing the Format button doesn't change anything in SD, but if I go back to an HD channel, I see that the Format button has changes the aspect of the HD channel. If I'm on the SD channel, my Zoom button steps me through the various aspect ratios on the TV.

No it isn't the TV. And yes, if I fiddle with the format button for the Hopper while in SD, it does change when I go to an HD channel afterwards. Also I see the Hopper showing 'partial zoom' which is not a term my TV uses at all.

My Hopper w/sling was most likely on partial zoom for sd channels whenever this particular bug showed up and now it won't change. In another thread one of the DIRT team indicated that it was a known problem with no resolution as of yet.

I just tested three of my Hoppers with Sling and my Joey. They do not have your item #3 issue. All three Hoppers and Joey do not switch back to the viewing screen when I page thru the Daily Schedule to the end. When my kid wakes up I will test his Hopper to see if it has your Daily screen issue. If it does I will post back.

Thanks. There have been others that have posted this issue so it isn't just me.

Thanks. There have been others that have posted this issue so it isn't just me.

Yep, I hear ya lparsons21. I tested this before when I seen the issue in another thread. One day my Hopper had the issue and the next day it didn't, or vice versa. Don't remember. I think these strange things that happen depends on the mood of the Hoppers or its time of month to act strange. No telling.

Yeah, strange things can and do happen.

Overall I don't have any real complaints with the Hopper though I wish they'd get the custom guide issue fixed soon.

On S311 and S315 I had an issue where if I scrolled to a certain point in My Recordings the menu would crash to Live TV. It was always at the same point. Also, if I tried to use the other Hoppers to access that particular HwS, then scrolled down to that exact point, they would also crash to Live TV. Oddly enough the Joey never crashes at that point but it starts glitching out and showing blank spaces and duplicates of recordings when there are no duplicates.

Also it would crash to Live TV at that spot in the EHD transfer menu. I finally fixed it by turning off folder view and transferring a single recorded event that would be in the row that crashes to EHD. So luckily I didn't lose any recordings and it no longer crashes while scrolling through My Recordings.

Very weird glitch, hopefully it won't happen again.

The RED button works better now, you can watch the other tuners more easily.

On the other hand , I am getting dropouts from my optical audio again . .they had them fixed in the previous version.

One Step Forward, One Step Backwards.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)