New software

I got two 811, one of them got the update and the other did not, Uh.......... Anyway I can force it to download?

hzhao said:
I got two 811, one of them got the update and the other did not, Uh.......... Anyway I can force it to download?

Nope.... Not that I know of. So how does the two compare. You are in a unique position to do an A/B comparision. Well since they are no different T.Vs not a truely A/B but still offers a unique view.

gpflepsen said:
yup, that fixed it.

Just as I figured. ;) Now since my last input, I've decided to match you Gerry. I was on OTA for a while, went to satellite, bam! the blackout. I needed the hard reset too!!! :( Here we go again.....

Bobby said:
Just as I figured. ;) Now since my last input, I've decided to match you Gerry. I was on OTA for a while, went to satellite, bam! the blackout. I needed the hard reset too!!! :( Here we go again.....

Hmmmm.. Question now is it repeatable on the same box. ;)

Recall still does not work, still get searching for signal while watching OTA and using the guide. No change on my SD display, but mine was not dark before. Picture on component looks brighter. OTA channel locking seems much better.

zoomer said:
Recall still does not work, still get searching for signal while watching OTA and using the guide. No change on my SD display, but mine was not dark before. Picture on component looks brighter. OTA channel locking seems much better.

Hmmmm.. Getting conflicting reports on the channel recall fixed. This baffels me because this would be something in software that either works or does not.

WHat steps are you doing zoomer where it does not work? Does it ever work?

So you still get the acquring signal from OTA? Do you get downloading guide after it?

Any change in the low audio output levels? I almost blew my brains out the other day when switching from a Dish music channel to another input on my audio receiver.
As you can see, my ears are very sensitive to sound <G>

My recall works almost all the time. I did get an aquiring once followed by the guide download. I hadn't had a download today so it might have just been it's time of the day. :)

Without wishing to add to the confusion...

Channel recall (OTA to satellite) was not working after P269 downloaded. I tried about 4 hours later, several times, and it still didn't work. Now I just tried it and it is working.

I have no explanation, and hopefully it continues to work.

Something else. When I first tried OTA it was fast locking and rock stable. The new SD zoom works great, so now you can upsize the "small" digital channels and fill the SD screen. Now I just tried it again to convince myself it is working great, and it is back to pre P269 behavior. Slow locking, flapping around 49% and dropping channels.

Strange stuff. Left the 811 on OTA for a while now. Will it need a reboot after I switch to satellite?

Keith.

I'm away on a business trip right now and for once I get to sit back and see how release 2.69 unfolds during the week :)

It'll be interesting to see what I find when I get back home and get the opportunity to update the software.

Cheers,

The Recall does not work... Are you sure you're talking about the right recall?

Were talking about watching an OTA Channel then recalling to a satellite channel, or any other channel for that matter

Was the OTA channel mapped with PSIP data when you tried it, cause that was one screwy thing that I noticed that does work. For some reason the channel will work when there is no PSIP data on the channel (as one of my locals happens to be that way)

BFG said:
The Recall does not work... Are you sure you're talking about the right recall?

Were talking about watching an OTA Channel then recalling to a satellite channel, or any other channel for that matter

Was the OTA channel mapped with PSIP data when you tried it, cause that was one screwy thing that I noticed that does work. For some reason the channel will work when there is no PSIP data on the channel (as one of my locals happens to be that way)

I've tried the recall both ways. Go to an OTA channel, go to a satellite channel and try recall, it works. Go to a satellite channel, go to an OTA channel it works. It works every time..... It always worked OTA to OTA but never OTA to satellite.

My channel recall works this morning. I tried several times last night and I could recall from SAT to OTA but not back to SAT but this morning it worked.
I left my receiver on all night last night on a OTA station and when I turned to a SAT channel it did the acquiring sat signal and downloaded the guide again.

GaryPen said:
OTOH, the highest number no longer is invisible.......
but did you notice that unless you're using either the "all chan" or "all subs" favorite lists that you can't go to a channel (with the keypad) if that channel is not in the "fav" list that your currently using?

new_to_hdtv said:
but did you notice that unless you're using either the "all chan" or "all subs" favorite lists that you can't go to a channel (with the keypad) if that channel is not in the "fav" list that your currently using?

:mad: Oh good grief, I noticed that, too.

I hope that vcr timers don't do the same thing! :eek:

new_to_hdtv said:

Hasn't it always been that way? Sure was for me.

Craig

new_to_hdtv said:

I noticed that too last night, it wasn't like that before.

However, the recall button DOES work for me. I got the update last night and at first it did not work. Then I did a second hold of the power button for reset and it has worked ever since. The recall works for me the following ways: SAT - SAT, OTA - OTA, OTA - SAT, SAT - OTA.

I also noticed a slight improvement in blacks on SD material through my component, or so it seems.

1. Recall works
2. Dish Home works
3. Picture improved
4. Page Up/Down Stretch Modes for HD & SD Material works
5. 49% Local Lock remains a problem
6. Skip Forward/Back button works 24 hours ahead/back in guide finally
7. TNTHD still freezes
8. All HD Channels have pixelation issues

That is my list of fixes and remaining problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts