new sony STR-DG720 with vizio tv

beast37799

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
ok i mainly need to know from those who bought this reciever and hooked it up via hdmi changed the settings to amp+tv and is or isnt getting stero out from the amp playing a dvd or blu-ray. thank if able to help

I've been using the Sony STR-DG720 for the last 2.5 to 3 weeks. I do not own any setup box with HDMI or a blu-ray player so have not used HDMI yet.

So far everything works great

Once I get my Cox Cable HD DVR box (in the last week of april) I'll then be using the HDMI connection.

If you have HDMI plug into the receiver you might make sure the receiver is set to that input that you have the HDMI hooked up to..

You mean you are trying to feed 5.1 (or more) multi-cnhl audio into a 2.0 chnl TV audio system and trying to determine why the sound is bad? Turn off the multi-chnl audio before it gets to the TV.

i have the mulitchannel feed going inot the reciever .but according to the sony owners manual it supposed to send just stereo from the reciever to the tv . if the dvd im playing is just a stereo format it plays fine through the tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts