New Speakers!

Here is a good one, speaker placement. Just reading online stuff, the triangle comes up but I'm no sure how directional these horns are.

I was thinking 10ft from center to each RB-82, then the speakers are 10ft apart,depending on what I can do. Then toe them in slightly towards center?

Sent from Tapatalk

dfergie said:
I always do that, habit from my 2 speaker days.

Awhile back I spread my pro monitors out thinking I was doing something good. Recently I set them at 10ft apart and 11ft from center. Sounds a lot more enveloping, was too spread out when they were like 13ft apart.

Doing a little more measuring, with the size of my sub, I'm only going to be able to get 8 maybe 9 ft distance between the speakers. Then they will be about 10ft from center.

I've seen a lot of comments about folks auditioning for 30 days. I know sometimes speakers need a little use to work in.

I'm not talking about break-in which can be discussed by some ad nauseum. this is about getting past the "wow I have new speakers phase" and seeing how they perform for you with a variety of material.

Cheers,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

John Kotches said:
I'm not talking about break-in which can be discussed by some ad nauseum. this is about getting past the "wow I have new speakers phase" and seeing how they perform for you with a variety of material.

Cheers,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Understood, see the same thing in video. People review a display and say all is great. Then you throw mixed material at it when you buy it, and you wonder how they missed it. I'm lucky, we watch a lot of HDTV all week, as well as movies on the weekend. I tend to notice issues quickly, my wife just looks at me and shakes her head :)

Yeah, Im sure he was running them on Large.

I really like this. Klipsch center, floors front and rear, and two 15" subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay no mind to the wife's frilly stuff :)

IMG_2371.jpg

I was amazed at the level of detail I heard in just the 4 shows I watched last night. At one point during covert affairs, two actors were talking in front of the camera and I could hear this hissing noise, sounded weird. Well, I figured out it was the noise of another putting fix a flat in a car tire. I can def agree, vs my old center, that the horn brings out another level of detail, its pretty cool. The RC-62 II also sounds big, I ran Audyssey which set it at -8.0dB vs the Def Tech mains, and it still took over the room, made them look pale in comparison. The RF-82 II's should be installed Monday and I'll update again.

I like the Klipsch/Marantz combo.

S~

What frilly stuff? You should see my house (except the theater room).

teachsac said:
I like the Klipsch/Marantz combo.

S~

What frilly stuff? You should see my house (except the theater room).

Hahaha. Yeah, so far I love the sound, can't wait to get the mains up and running Monday and then some Jurassic park next weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts