New Speakers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here is a good one, speaker placement. Just reading online stuff, the triangle comes up but I'm no sure how directional these horns are.

I was thinking 10ft from center to each RB-82, then the speakers are 10ft apart,depending on what I can do. Then toe them in slightly towards center?

Sent from Tapatalk

dfergie said:
I always do that, habit from my 2 speaker days.

Awhile back I spread my pro monitors out thinking I was doing something good. Recently I set them at 10ft apart and 11ft from center. Sounds a lot more enveloping, was too spread out when they were like 13ft apart.

Doing a little more measuring, with the size of my sub, I'm only going to be able to get 8 maybe 9 ft distance between the speakers. Then they will be about 10ft from center.

I've seen a lot of comments about folks auditioning for 30 days. I know sometimes speakers need a little use to work in.

I'm not talking about break-in which can be discussed by some ad nauseum. this is about getting past the "wow I have new speakers phase" and seeing how they perform for you with a variety of material.

Cheers,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

John Kotches said:
I'm not talking about break-in which can be discussed by some ad nauseum. this is about getting past the "wow I have new speakers phase" and seeing how they perform for you with a variety of material.

Cheers,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Understood, see the same thing in video. People review a display and say all is great. Then you throw mixed material at it when you buy it, and you wonder how they missed it. I'm lucky, we watch a lot of HDTV all week, as well as movies on the weekend. I tend to notice issues quickly, my wife just looks at me and shakes her head :)

Yeah, Im sure he was running them on Large.

I really like this. Klipsch center, floors front and rear, and two 15" subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay no mind to the wife's frilly stuff :)

IMG_2371.jpg

I was amazed at the level of detail I heard in just the 4 shows I watched last night. At one point during covert affairs, two actors were talking in front of the camera and I could hear this hissing noise, sounded weird. Well, I figured out it was the noise of another putting fix a flat in a car tire. I can def agree, vs my old center, that the horn brings out another level of detail, its pretty cool. The RC-62 II also sounds big, I ran Audyssey which set it at -8.0dB vs the Def Tech mains, and it still took over the room, made them look pale in comparison. The RF-82 II's should be installed Monday and I'll update again.

I like the Klipsch/Marantz combo.

S~

What frilly stuff? You should see my house (except the theater room).

teachsac said:
I like the Klipsch/Marantz combo.

S~

What frilly stuff? You should see my house (except the theater room).

Hahaha. Yeah, so far I love the sound, can't wait to get the mains up and running Monday and then some Jurassic park next weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)