New station in Minneapolis

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I guess the TBN mux is gone

K25IA is no longer TBN and is a loop of programming called Informed TV. Its just one channel now (25-1) but the owner plans on getting 5 channels running "soon" ;)
Their website is http://www.informedtv.com/

Looks like its based in Alexandria and has been on the translator system there (Selective TV) for a while now

On a sidenote...why cant translators or low powered stations here do like they do in Alex? I mean they know how to work with the system. On the system they get
all the Mpls stations (except PBS, CBS and ABC)
PBS from Appleton AND Brainerd
RFDTV
Rural
Informed TV
Reelz
CTV2 (Canada station)
Untamed Sports
Pentagon
AMGTV
Weather Channel
C-Span
BIZTV
MSNBC

By the way,.....CBS & ABC are on full powered stations there so they dont need to be on the translator system

I work on said systems and can tell you its because there are no open HD frequency in major markets. They are already owned. Plus most major stations already go over the air so no need. 1 frequency can do roughly 5 SD channels or one true HD and a couple SD. But the big thing is no FCC lic can be got around big cities, and on top of that FCC has a freeze picking up FQ. Hope that helps. and Translators or low power have had the FQ for many many years and with the birth of digital transmitters you can fit more in on the 19MB a FQ gives.

netstack - Interesting stuff but not sure I understand all of it but that is not necessary. Anyword about 5.7 (livewell network) coming to willmar?

Please Post your Setup and TVFOOL

stacking 2 antennas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)