New strange behavior of Joey 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
Twice this week we have been watching DVR content on the upstairs Joey 3 and somewhere between half way and 3/4 of the way through the show the screen goes black. The show is still playing (or the Hopper thinks it is), I can press select and stop the show. It will not resume from there. I have to go back to the DVR screen, select the program again and then resume. Happened Tuesday night and Wed night both. One time I got a 1305 error (something about broadband connection). The Hopper 3 has a hardline ethernet connection and all receivers have static IP addresses. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Twice this week we have been watching DVR content on the upstairs Joey 3 and somewhere between half way and 3/4 of the way through the show the screen goes black. The show is still playing (or the Hopper thinks it is), I can press select and stop the show. It will not resume from there. I have to go back to the DVR screen, select the program again and then resume. Happened Tuesday night and Wed night both. One time I got a 1305 error (something about broadband connection). The Hopper 3 has a hardline ethernet connection and all receivers have static IP addresses. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

The internet connection won't affect your DVR recordings since internet isn't a requirement for DVR.

Does resetting both the Joey and the Hopper help? That normally clears out any glitches. Another reason why a DVR screen can be black is that the program blacked out, and the DVR recorded that.

The internet connection won't affect your DVR recordings since internet isn't a requirement for DVR.

Does resetting both the Joey and the Hopper help? That normally clears out any glitches. Another reason why a DVR screen can be black is that the program blacked out, and the DVR recorded that.
The first time it happened I ended up resetting the Joey 3 and was able to resume the recording after that. The second time I was able to resume without a reset. There were no blanks in the recordings (2 different shows on the same channel, TRVL channel), I was able to FF and RWND through the areas of the recordings where the problem occurred.

I did think it was strange that the 1305 error occurred while watching a DVR program, as that should not have effected the recording we were watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)