New strange behavior of Joey 3

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
Twice this week we have been watching DVR content on the upstairs Joey 3 and somewhere between half way and 3/4 of the way through the show the screen goes black. The show is still playing (or the Hopper thinks it is), I can press select and stop the show. It will not resume from there. I have to go back to the DVR screen, select the program again and then resume. Happened Tuesday night and Wed night both. One time I got a 1305 error (something about broadband connection). The Hopper 3 has a hardline ethernet connection and all receivers have static IP addresses. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Twice this week we have been watching DVR content on the upstairs Joey 3 and somewhere between half way and 3/4 of the way through the show the screen goes black. The show is still playing (or the Hopper thinks it is), I can press select and stop the show. It will not resume from there. I have to go back to the DVR screen, select the program again and then resume. Happened Tuesday night and Wed night both. One time I got a 1305 error (something about broadband connection). The Hopper 3 has a hardline ethernet connection and all receivers have static IP addresses. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

The internet connection won't affect your DVR recordings since internet isn't a requirement for DVR.

Does resetting both the Joey and the Hopper help? That normally clears out any glitches. Another reason why a DVR screen can be black is that the program blacked out, and the DVR recorded that.

The internet connection won't affect your DVR recordings since internet isn't a requirement for DVR.

Does resetting both the Joey and the Hopper help? That normally clears out any glitches. Another reason why a DVR screen can be black is that the program blacked out, and the DVR recorded that.
The first time it happened I ended up resetting the Joey 3 and was able to resume the recording after that. The second time I was able to resume without a reset. There were no blanks in the recordings (2 different shows on the same channel, TRVL channel), I was able to FF and RWND through the areas of the recordings where the problem occurred.

I did think it was strange that the 1305 error occurred while watching a DVR program, as that should not have effected the recording we were watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts