New SW L3.25 for 721

Horrible experience. With TV & 721 off yesterday evening, I noticed the green power light flashing. Turned on TV, saw black screen with red swoosh and "testing...". Went back later, no output from 721. Held down power button to recycle, no response. Left it alone. Later unplugged and replugged it. No output at all from 721, just some spin up noise. Figured I'd lost 721 #6 and went to bed, planning to spend part of today on the phone with Dish. This morning, working fine.

Glad it was just an ill timed update. I hope to get at least a couple more years out of this 721.

There are now 8 satellite positions available in the check switch matrix! I remember the days when there wasn't such thing as a switch at all... ;)

The install isn't smooth. It doesn't reset fully. Mine got stuck with the red light on, after the update. It was working like 325, but still said 324, and the upgrade menu screen said it was still installing.

A couple hours later, I just reset it, and it reset fine, came up as 325, etc.

I've been having ocassional playback errors since L325.
ie : slowing/jumping video/audio while playing back a dvr event at normal speed.
Never had them before 325 , I hope this isn't going to continue.
Is anyone else seeing this problem on your 721?

721 9 Day Guide Went to 5 Days

Well, I got the new version and my 9 day guide went to 7 days. I booted and it went to 5 days.

Is anyone else having this problem?

That's better than what I now get. With the old software I was consistently getting a three day guide prior to doing a tuner input switch/pip swap (whichever worked at the time). Now, the best I can get is 36 hours. The funny thing is there seems to be a block which stops at 10 p.m. For example, this morning (Thursday) at 9:30 a.m., my guide went to Friday 10 p.m. Tonight (still Thursday) at 7:00 p.m. my guide goes to Friday 10 p.m. (that's tomorrow, not next week). I'm not happy!

How Many Days Do you have on your guide?

My two 721's acted funny after the new s/w until I did both a check switch and a "pull the plug" reboot

This MAY solve some of the issues.

How many days did you have on your guide after all the stuff? Did you ever get the full 9 day guide or a reduced amount.

Before 325, I was getting the full 9 days most of the time. Now I have 7 or 5 or something less.

Wonder when they will ever fix this mess.

When I go into the guide,I get an error message that says the "Data on the Hard Drive is Outdated, do you want to update?" I hit yes and it sits there for hours and I have to power off. This pops up everytime I try to see what is on an hour later on every channel. So I went from 9 days to not even an hour. It just shows current show.

Anyone know how to fix. I am going to try unplugging again. How do I do a master reset? Is it unplug, press and hold the power button and plug back in and hold power for a few more secs, then let go?

Any help is appreciated. I basically can not do any recording unless I wait for the show to start and then hit record manually.

After a receiver is completely finished receiving an update on a satellite DVR, unplug it from AC power for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. I do this for every update on all receivers.

How many days did you have on your guide after all the stuff? Did you ever get the full 9 day guide or a reduced amount.

Before 325, I was getting the full 9 days most of the time. Now I have 7 or 5 or something less.

Wonder when they will ever fix this mess.

I have one of my 721's at three days and one at five. Further, the PIP swap trick no longer seems to work after two days of trying.

I guess this s/w is a flop too!

The tuner swap still works for me. Last time I checked I was down to 3 hours of guide data. Anybody find anything that works after turning off receiver?

I did try the cold reboot (pull plug), it didn't work.

My 721 lost the 9day guide every morning after L324...

since L325 it does get the 9day guide in morning properly...

BUT since L325 it reverts back to a 3day guide "sometimes" during the day...

AND "nothing"... BUT a reboot has brought the 9day guide on those days.

The 9day returns the next morning... but may revert again to the 3day during the day.
So E* didn't fix this guide issue completely!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)