new to D* again install pictures

Status
Please reply by conversation.

warreng

Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
GA
:D well this is the second no third time ive come back to D* i was tired of the sorry comcast customer service and the price so i started visiting B.B and a couple other places and came to the conclusion that you cannot judge D* on the asumtion that the picture looks like whats in the store because the quality ranges from crap to crapier only place that had a good D* feed was the Magnolia stores the picture quality on D* is the same if not better than crapcast oops comcast but im still very happy to be back and one other thing that helped was allthe info you guys had on this site so thank you :D

Attachments

• P4090148.JPG
    P4090148.JPG
    634.1 KB · Views: 328
  • P4090146.JPG
    P4090146.JPG
    530.6 KB · Views: 278
  • P4090145.JPG
    P4090145.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 322
This is the first of this brand of dish I have seen. If you pay close attention to the LNBs, you will notice they are slightly different that WNCs and Cal Amps.

warreng said:
:D well this is the second no third time ive come back to D* i was tired of the sorry comcast customer service and the price so i started visiting B.B and a couple other places and came to the conclusion that you cannot judge D* on the asumtion that the picture looks like whats in the store because the quality ranges from crap to crapier only place that had a good D* feed was the Magnolia stores the picture quality on D* is the same if not better than crapcast oops comcast but im still very happy to be back and one other thing that helped was allthe info you guys had on this site so thank you :D

Can I get some punctuation? My wife might have a period she can spare. :D

The wires look better than they did with the first installation. My installer is also coming back tomorrow to finish up so he will clean them up then. I also had a question do you have to run a seperate line for ota when using the H20 reciever? That time I used 2 periods and a question mark!!!!!!!

warreng said:
The wires look better than they did with the first installation. My installer is also coming back tomorrow to finish up so he will clean them up then. I also had a question do you have to run a seperate line for ota when using the H20 reciever? That time I used 2 periods and a question mark!!!!!!!

Correct, the OTA CANNOT be integrated due to frequency conflicts. The OTA feed has to be separate.

directvfreak said:
This is the first of this brand of dish I have seen. If you pay close attention to the LNBs, you will notice they are slightly different that WNCs and Cal Amps.

yeah, i havent seen this lnb either, at least they have true coax!!

The cal amp model dish also has actual coax jumpers. The WNC is the only of the three MFRs that uses very this jumpers. In really cold weather, I'd thing they crach and break. We'll find out this winter and in years to come.

warreng said:
What is the difference in the dish they installed and the dishes you guys have?
Welcome to the site warreng.If you get a chance,take a look in the D* HDTV forums,check out the "my at9 install pics" thread.There are pics posted in that thread.:)

That is an Andrew flavor dish and there is a screw missing that holds the 110/119 LNB to the arm. Get the idiot installer back out to put in the screw and make sure they realign the dish.
Rick

Good looking out on that i looked at the picture again and saw the screw missing thanks

me and directvfreak both got the calamp one, which has a metal arm for the 2nd set of lnbs and real coax jumpers going to the main unit. the wnc made one has a plastic arm and push on jumpers. outher than that i cant find a diffrence between them.

im shure this time next year me and directvfreak (and outhers) can report on the effect of cold columbus,oh winters (i know some of you have it colder, just saying...) has on the new dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts