New To DTV-HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
not just yet .on firday youll get nbc hd feed of the olympics . then i beleve in october youll get nbc -hd via wnbc hd . since your in phila your in the o&o market so u should be able to recieve it when it comes on .
by the way whats the nbc channel in phila im looking for it ota thank you

beast37799 said:
not just yet .on firday youll get nbc hd feed of the olympics . then i beleve in october youll get nbc -hd via wnbc hd . since your in phila your in the o&o market so u should be able to recieve it when it comes on .
by the way whats the nbc channel in phila im looking for it ota thank you

That's unless some other NBC affiliate, that's not an O&O, supplies you with a 'grabe b' signal. IN that case D* won't provide you a signal for a NBC-HD feed unless the station in question supplies you a waiver, which many don't/won't. The same goes for the CBS-HD feeds. The way to tell is to go to http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp and plug in your info, if NBC or CBS come back saying that a class B supplies you then you might not be able to get them. Good luck!

So if I qualitfy for all 4 distants but still get my local channels off the satellite, am I eligable for CBS and NBC HD?

rad said:
That's unless some other NBC affiliate, that's not an O&O, supplies you with a 'grabe b' signal. IN that case D* won't provide you a signal for a NBC-HD feed unless the station in question supplies you a waiver, which many don't/won't. The same goes for the CBS-HD feeds. The way to tell is to go to http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp and plug in your info, if NBC or CBS come back saying that a class B supplies you then you might not be able to get them. Good luck!

So I tried out the link above. Here were my results:

Network / Affiliate / Channel / Status
ABC / none / 7 / Eligible
CBS / KCBS / 2 / Grade B (moderate signal)
NBC / KNBC / 4 / Grade B (moderate signal)
FOX / none / 11 / Eligible

I am not sure what it all means though. I recieve the CBS-HD channel through Direct TV. I did not have to get any waiver form or anything from KCBS but according to the link I should have to have a waiver form correct? Does this mean I may not get the NBC feed, since it says Grade B or should I assume I will since I do get the CBS-HD feed? What about Fox and ABC, it says eligible but eligible for what, is this eligible for a HD feed? I get the standard def locals through direct tv already.

SychoBC said:
So if I qualitfy for all 4 distants but still get my local channels off the satellite, am I eligable for CBS and NBC HD?

Normally, if you can get your locals via DBS then you won't qualify for the distant network feeds, those are meant for folks that get nothing. I only pointed you there to check for class B coverage from some other station since that could kill your chances for the CBS-DT or NBC-DT feed via D*.

Here's my example, I live in a suburb of Chicago. I'm in the Chicago DMA and receive my Chicago stations via D*. I wanted to get the WCBS-DT feed since our local CBS digital station is on channel 3 which is a real bear for folks to pick up. Now while our local CBS station is a CBS O&O I can't get the WCBS-DT feed since the system that D* uses to check shows that the Milwaukuee CBS station, which isn't an CBS O&O, provides me a grade B signal. D* has asked for a waiver for me, and was declined. I've e-mailed, faxed, land mailed and called the Milwaukee station and have been turned down flat. I kind of expect the same thing to happen with the NBC-DT feed since the same system shows the Milwaukee NBC station also giving me a grade B signal.

CWS_kahuna said:
So I tried out the link above. Here were my results:

Network / Affiliate / Channel / Status
ABC / none / 7 / Eligible
CBS / KCBS / 2 / Grade B (moderate signal)
NBC / KNBC / 4 / Grade B (moderate signal)
FOX / none / 11 / Eligible

I am not sure what it all means though. I recieve the CBS-HD channel through Direct TV. I did not have to get any waiver form or anything from KCBS but according to the link I should have to have a waiver form correct? Does this mean I may not get the NBC feed, since it says Grade B or should I assume I will since I do get the CBS-HD feed? What about Fox and ABC, it says eligible but eligible for what, is this eligible for a HD feed? I get the standard def locals through direct tv already.

You should be OK. Since you say you get the KCBS-DT feed now and KNBC-DT is a NBC O&O, and nobody else is showing up, then that shouldn't be a problem either, unless they change the rules.

rad said:
You should be OK. Since you say you get the KCBS-DT feed now and KNBC-DT is a NBC O&O, and nobody else is showing up, then that shouldn't be a problem either, unless they change the rules.

OK cool, thanks for the quick reply!

For the other two stations ABC and Fox, when they become available to Direct TV for a HD feed like CBS and soon NBC, does it look like I have a good chance or is not having an affiliate a bad thing?

It says

ABC Eligible
CBS Eligible
NBC Eligible
FOX Eligible

And on DirecTV's site I qualify for locals too.

Can I get NY/LA Distants, my local channels, and still receive CBS-HD and NBC-HD? Or by getting local stations off the satellite kill that?

The part I have the most trouble with is that just because you get a good analog signal does not mean you get a good digital one. I live in the Denver DMA and can not get CBS,ABC or NBC digital becasue of tower issues.

The web link is not for digital signals which is what the test should be for the HD part of the network.

Hey, how is the DirecTV HD service. They jusy gave me a great deal on the equipment if i come back and how is it with the locals? Do they give you an antenna? Please let me know. Thanks for any info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help Needed on Tri LNB Use with Multiswitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)