New to FTA with old Hughs Net dish and LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jellis80

Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Greenback
Hello All, I'm new to FTA and have a Hughes Net dish and LNB that I no longer use. I've read I can use this for FTA with a FTA box, is this true? If so are there any special things I should know? Thanks, John

Hello All, I'm new to FTA and have a Hughes Net dish and LNB that I no longer use. I've read I can use this for FTA with a FTA box, is this true? If so are there any special things I should know? Thanks, John

Welcome!

Always a good idea to start at the beginning. There is a FAQ section above that will get you started.

You can most definitely use that dish for FTA. Some people remove the transmitter portion to lighten them up, if you are not putting it on a motor you don't really need to take it off.

Do search for HughesNet, or DirecWay, that should give you some examples of that dish being converted for FTA use.

Welcome!

Read everything you can, this is a cool hobby but does take some effort on your part. You have a good dish and it will pick up all kinds of stuff, check out "The List" and some of the sponsers web pages to see what kind of stuff is available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)