For what it's worth, my HH-90 is most reliable motor I've ever had. It has never gotten confused or errored out in 4 years now. My SG2100 frequently needed resets, as do both of my DG-380 motors. The HH-90 has been rock solid. That makes me think that if the motor works at all, the fault may well lie elsewhere. So I recommend you try some different firmware in the CS5000 and see if you duplicate the problems.
You might use the CS5000 to clear any limits that might have been inadvertently set as well. I'd also use only USALS mode with the hh-90. STAB invented USALS and it works great on that motor.
The only issues I've had with my Stab HH90 motor were all cabling related. I had troubles where it would just return to center. I bought a compression tool and put compression ends on all of my cable runs and that fixed things up. If at all possible, can you get a short (25 ft?) RG6 coax cable, take the receiver and tv outside and see if it reacts fine with a different RG6 coax cable attached?
Also.. When I was having Stab troubles, I noticed that the dish would only move when I selected Horizontal transponders, which move the dish at 18V instead of 13V. Can you try delete/recreate a satellite and only manually put in a Horizontal transponder to see if that helps? That's what I noticed when I had bad cable ends.
I believe we need some clarification on your symptoms.
But, first I am going to suggest a good possibility here. If you are just trying to set up those satellites (i.e. 125*W) and IF you don't have any channels stored or scanned in on this satellite yet, then the motor may drive back to the last known satellite position that DOES have channels logged in.
So, basically, if you are just in the menus trying to get one of these sats set up, you have to remain in the menus and scan the sat - and actually get at least one channel logged in first.
This can be a little annoying if you are not used to it, because the motor keeps driving back to a different sat and if you don't understand why, it will befuddle you.
If this sounds likely in your case, you can easily overcome this. Otherwise, please provide some more specific details about what is happening. There is always a reason for everything, we just need all the information possible to isolate what is causing it.
used my captiveworks 800 it said found 101 so guess that was part of trouble. have a very hard time finding 103 . moved it but captiveworks is so slow it is like showing a mouse to a cat. scanned it with 5000 it said macys satellite network. will look in the list. sorry for slow reply also formated computer installed xp and pc linux took many evenings to update. also bought pansat 4500 on ebay had a 2500 really liked it best. when it warms up will try again. Thanks Ron
When I had my Coolsat 5000 hooked up to a G-box dish mover, the G-box would do lots of weird things like move the dish all the way to the east limit or reset the counter to 0000 at any time for no reason at all. The G-box was brand new at the time, I thought maybe I got stuck with a bad G-box. Then I made some free space in the CS5000 by deleting some unused transponders and deleted all radio and $ channels. The G-box worked perfect after that. I was a little surprised that the CS5000 was at fault, since it had always ran my SG2100 motor just fine. Anyway it can't hurt to try making some free space in the Coolsat 5000, hope it helps.
The G or V Box will reset the counter to 000 if it reaches the east hardware limit. with the west hardware limit it only shows Er2.
Captiveworks is probably the worst machine to run USALS or control a motor although it can be made to work but with lots of trouble. Use the CS 5000 you have instead, it is perfect and at least for me it has worked flawlessly.
For me it would go to zero at any random time, and loose it's memory of stored positions. Changing to a different sat sometimes made the dish go all the way east, even if the desired sat was west of the previous sat. That was diseqc and not USALS, but I saw that he's using a CS5000 so I thought I'd share my experience. That was about 7 or 8 months ago. I no longer use my set-top-box to move the dish. I thought that would be the perfect set-up, just change channels and the dish moves automatically to the new sat. Then I considered what might happen if the wife and/or kids have the remote control, it would be the dish that never stops (until the motor is worn out). Now I have a couple of fixed dishes at 101 and 30, and the C-band dish stays at 125 most of the time.
after I had my 800 on and put coolsat back it seemed to work still slightly off on 103 no channels. deleted trandsponders 103 entered one manually. when wind quits will tune dish more shows pics on 101 97 etc . isnt there a eeprom dump for this receiver. its been on my cband moteck hh90 couple fixed dishes likely to full of transponders when scanned wrong sats. I think my captiveworks was on edge of working scanned channels in but no pics. Thanks Ron