new to sat tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jennings

Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
mass
hi guys i am new to satellite tv and had a few questions. i would like to be able to take my tv tailgating but i don't know how or where to begin. i have a h25-100 box and know the numbers to aim dish but thats it. what is the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish this. my friend had direct tv back a couple of years ago and he said i could have his old dish and reciever if that would help. can i use the card out of my reciever and put it in his old one. if anyone has any thoughts or advice that would be great. thanks and happy thanksgiving

hi guys i am new to satellite tv and had a few questions. i would like to be able to take my tv tailgating but i don't know how or where to begin. i have a h25-100 box and know the numbers to aim dish but thats it. what is the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish this. my friend had direct tv back a couple of years ago and he said i could have his old dish and reciever if that would help. can i use the card out of my reciever and put it in his old one. if anyone has any thoughts or advice that would be great. thanks and happy thanksgiving

First, Welcome to the Site !

As for your friends recvr that you can have ?
If it's owned, fine, if not he needs to return it if he's turning it off, if he's keeping it on and letting you borrow it for the day, thats different, not technically right, but ...

As far as YOUR set up, IF your gonna use the h25, you'll need a Slimline SWM dish with the Power Inserter as well., the H25 will NOT work without the SWM set up.

Taking card out of one recvre and putting it in another, won't work, unless you want to watch the "Inserted Wrong Card" all day, cards are married to the recvr when they are activated.

do i just run the cable from the dish to the power inserter then in to the receiver? is there any thing else i need?

do i just run the cable from the dish to the power inserter then in to the receiver? is there any thing else i need?

Yes, provided your only using one recvr after you add the Power Inserter, I would suggest rebooting if it doesn't fire up correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)