This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

**New to the Forums**

steve, like i'm not a dumbie. the only actual local newscast broadcast in true hi-def is on channel 9 or 1090 for you bhn hi-def customers in central florida. did i stutter?

steve, like i'm not a dumbie. the only actual local newscast broadcast in true hi-def is on channel 9 or 1090 for you bhn hi-def customers in central florida. did i stutter?

I know they are the same i was just making sure you knew that, since I thought you were questioning what the previous poster said when he said "1090" thats all.

-----

Thanks for the insight about the forum, very helpful. I am trying to get all the Info I can on the different TV sets and technology.

I have been really busy with work and didnt realize this thread had so many replies....AWESOME

Hey Stevenl, where do you work out of? My main office is carillon in Saint Petersburg and I am south county.

Im in field maint.. in orlando fla

That is definitely not normal. I dont know if anyone has chimmed in about this yet but the first thing I would suspect is...The digital HD box is not configured to accept the different formats. i.e. 1080i, 720p, 480i widescreen/regular, etc. You can do this by powering the box off with the power button and pressing the guide and info buttom simultaneously, which will bring up the config menu.

This is crucial since the channels broadcast in different formats. Like Discovery HD ch.690 almost always broadcasts in 1080i so it looks amazing. Other channels will broadcast in 720p sometimes and 480i other times. By going into the format setup through the box it allows you to accept the different modes that you will tune into.

Try this ASAP. When you get into the setup you will be instructed what to do. I enable everyone format that will come in clear. You press the "B" button to change to the next format if the picture comes in ok then hit "select" button if not do not "select" that format.

GoodLuck if this doesnt not work please post
-Bill