New universal LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twinomad

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
northern az
In trying to pick up AMC 3 and AMC 4 with same dish and single LNB, I get very confusing results. strange cut offs and fades in. I am told that to do this with 95 cm dish I need to use a .2 LNB, but can not find any that advertise .2 universal where are they??

no way you can get AMC3 & 4 on the same dish
AMC3 is at 87W
AMC4 is at 101W

now maybe G25 (97W) and AMC4 on one dish

Neither AMC 3 or 4 would require the use of a universal lnb, a standard one will work fine. Im not sure what the .2 lnb refers to but AMC3 and AMC4 are 14 degrees apart, you would need two lnbs assuming a fixed dish, or one lnb and a motor. If you were refering to the noise level of the lnb, I would not worry so much about that as I would the quality of the lnb itself.

I agree with Ghia... Noise factor alone will not be as important as LNB L.O. stability and build quality. These noise factor numbers are usually fudged, and a .6 LNB can often outperform a .3...

Your dish should be large enough, but as stated above, you will not be able to receive both on the same dish without using a motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)