New update, 0x0292

Last Rites

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Howdy from a new member!:)

Ever since my box downloaded 0x290, my box has been getting 771 errors pretty regularly.

Came home late tonight and it was "searching for signal" again. Was working fine before I left. Hit the red button, still 771 like all the other times. For the heck of it, disconnected power for 30 seconds. Still nothing. Even my off air antenna was getting the 771 error.

Read about forcing the box to download the update, thinking maybe their was an error when my box downloaded it and it said it found a new update, 0x292.

Installed it and so far so good. Hopefully it will last. Box has been working flawlessly until the 0x290 update.

Maybe if anyone has been having weird problems, maybe this update will fix it....or just make more problems....... <crossing fingers>

Last edited:
Howdy from a new member!:)

Ever since my box downloaded 0x290, my box has been getting 771 errors pretty regularly.

Came home late tonight and it was "searching for signal" again. Was working fine before I left. Hit the red button, still 771 like all the other times. For the heck of it, disconnected power for 30 seconds. Still nothing. Even my off air antenna was getting the 771 error.

Read about forcing the box to download the update, thinking maybe their was an error when my box downloaded it and it said it found a new update, 0x292.

Installed it and so far so good. Hopefully it will last. Box has been working flawlessly until the 0x290 update.

Maybe if anyone has been having weird problems, maybe this update will fix it....or just make more problems....... <crossing fingers>

You just happened to force the download during the CE window. Check the Cutting Edge forum for details on the Cutting Edge program and this version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)