New Update Software Version S311 Hopper with Sling Is Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since the software update, my format button (* key) doesn't work on SD channels.
On what specific channels are you experiencing this? After reading your post I decided to do a quick test and on all the SD channels I checked, including locals, the Format (*) button cycled through stretch, partial zoom, zoom, gray bar, and normal.

Since the software update, my format button (* key) doesn't work on SD channels. I can still format any HD channel, but the button appears inactive now on SD channels, which is where you really need it most of the time.

Are you doing this from a Joey or a Hopper or both. The Joey is a known issue and is being worked on.....

Just sitting here watching tv and the HWS tells me it has lost internet connection. Checked the modem and other hopper, all is fine. Finally did a RBR and that ddnt fix it, so I reset the network connection, and after about 5 mins, it finally came back. Very weird.

Its wifi. And the only impairment could have been a temperature change in the room :)

We were both just sitting here and watching tv. My issue with it is nothing else here lost connection, and it never reconnected, it took me resetting the network in the menu. Thats a little ridiculous and sounds like they need to work on it a little if thats the best it can do.

I'm still seeing the format issue on all SD channels on the Hopper with Sling. For instance 106 (Tvland) or 198 (cloo). I've tried the * button and the page buttons and the format doesn't change. I've reset the receiver. I can change the format on any HD channel, but it won't budge on any SD channel. Still works fine on my original Hopper, but the Hopper with Sling lost the format button on the last software update. I had hoped it might resolve itself over the weekend, but the problem persists.

The same issue with the Joey that is synced to the Hopper with Sling.

I'm still seeing the format issue on all SD channels on the Hopper with Sling. For instance 106 (Tvland) or 198 (cloo). I've tried the * button and the page buttons and the format doesn't change. I've reset the receiver. I can change the format on any HD channel, but it won't budge on any SD channel. Still works fine on my original Hopper, but the Hopper with Sling lost the format button on the last software update. I had hoped it might resolve itself over the weekend, but the problem persists.

I can confirm the same behavior on our HWS.

I can confirm the same behavior on our HWS.

X3 same here

Found another issue with the S311 update. The sequence to enable Closed Captions work; however, the same sequence to disable Closed Captions does not work the same way as before. I have a Harmony remote macro that toggles CC on and off. It takes 5 keystrokes (Yellow-3-OK-OK-Live), which the Harmony macro limit.

This used to work perfectly before S311 to toggle on and off. Now, the toggle on works, the toggle off requires an extra two keystrokes. After Yellow-3, the arrow pointer is off the mark, so you can't just press OK. You end up having to arrow down, then arrow up before pressing OK. Unfortunately, this makes the macro non-functional. Any way I can revert back to the previous software update?

Found another issue with the S311 update. The sequence to enable Closed Captions work; however, the same sequence to disable Closed Captions does not work the same way as before. I have a Harmony remote macro that toggles CC on and off. It takes 5 keystrokes (Yellow-3-OK-OK-Live), which the Harmony macro limit.

This used to work perfectly before S311 to toggle on and off. Now, the toggle on works, the toggle off requires an extra two keystrokes. After Yellow-3, the arrow pointer is off the mark, so you can't just press OK. You end up having to arrow down, then arrow up before pressing OK. Unfortunately, this makes the macro non-functional. Any way I can revert back to the previous software update?

We are aware of this issue and it is currently being investigated.

Another Bug in the HWS S311
In the dvr daily schedule screen, when you scroll completly down by either page down or arrow down results in returning back to full screen from small screen in top left.
This is not happening on my hopper w/o sling.

In the dvr daily schedule screen, when you scroll completly down by either page down or arrow down results in returning back to full screen from small screen in top left.

Yep, my Hoppers with Sling are doing the same thing. Doesn't do it in the Timers listing.

Are there a lot of events? I just tried that and didn't see any problem... HWS / S311

Are there a lot of events? I just tried that and didn't see any problem... HWS / S311

Well, you are not going to believe this! Yesterday when I checked this issue, three Hoppers had the problem, did not check the fourth Hopper. Now today, the three Hoppers that had issue yesterday are OK now. In the daily schedule when you scroll or page down all the way to the end, the last page stays there if you try to scroll or page down. The fourth Hopper that I did not check yesterday, today it has the issue. If you try to go past the last page it jumps to live TV. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts