New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

I see people saying Hopper With Sling is faster. Faster doing what? Mine works quite well, other than the bridging problem I am having. I have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joey's. ( My sons name is Joey, so I have 3 ) Seriously, also should I upgrade to 1 or 2 Hoppers? I had these Hoppers a year and a couple months. Will I be grandfathered in? What would it cost me if I got 1 or 2? Do I have to extend my contract? I think I am up high on their good customer list.

Just called Dish. They are going to send me 2 Hoppers With Sling on Monday. 1$ charge for paperwork. Had to renew 2 year contract. Said they were having issues on old Hoppers for Home Media, which I am having trouble with. Will see and report back on Monday when Tech. arrives.

Just got one of my hoppers replaced. Wanted to get them both replaced but was told they could only replace one. I am thankful for what i got though. Thanks a ton Zack. Dirt does it again.

New Hopper with Sling arrived this morning. The tech was great, and even though i've been using a wifi dongle all this time and the new DVR has built in wifi, the tech recommended adding a HIC which i let him hook up. I'm not sure if i see a difference, but more free equipment is cool, and i don't see any harm in using it. If something doesn't work as well, i can always take it out of the mix and go back to wifi. Regardless, i was able to back up all my settings, so restoring things was a snap, and i was able to move everything i wanted to keep to my EHD. I've gotten new DVRs in the past with other providers, and it's always a hassle getting things back to normal. Not with Dish. Thanks to DIRT-guy extraordinaire, Ray and my great tech (who's name escapes me)!

Hello all,

Current 1H+3J setup. Looking to upgrade to 2H+2J setup.

The question I have is whether I gain anything by going with a 2HWS + 2J vs. 1HWS + 1H + 2J. Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Current 1H+3J setup. Looking to upgrade to 2H+2J setup.

The question I have is whether I gain anything by going with a 2HWS + 2J vs. 1HWS + 1H + 2J. Thanks in advance.

Well, that just depends on your needs/wants.

HwS has faster speed, built-in Sling, built-in WiFi, and iPad transfers. Hopper 1 has adapters for Sling and WiFi however is not capable of iPad transfers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Spoke with dirt first but then was online and spoke to online csr who wanted to offer half off movie channels for renewing and 2 free hoppers with sling. He transferred me to loyalty and I got half off movie channels for 6 months, free install, 2 free hoppers with sling and 15.00 off for a year. So I took that offer.

Well, that just depends on your needs/wants.

HwS has faster speed, built-in Sling, built-in WiFi, and iPad transfers. Hopper 1 has adapters for Sling and WiFi however is not capable of iPad transfers.

Thanks for the reply.

I see. So if I want to take advantage of the iPad tranfer, I can only access that feature on a HWS.

I'll see what I am offered from one of DIRT folks as far as upgrade cost.

Thanks for the reply.

I see. So if I want to take advantage of the iPad tranfer, I can only access that feature on a HWS.

I'll see what I am offered from one of DIRT folks as far as upgrade cost.

You're welcome :) . Yup you've got it right.

no wonder I've been putting more of these things in and there is a shortage of hoppers with sling going on. Its causing a major problem with time during the day when you don't have the equipment for the install yet Dish/Office still thinks you gotta fabricate it however and get the job in.

The new software for the regular hoppers sucks as well, takes 40minutes almost to download before you can move on to fire up the joeys..really Dish?

I just hope this is not Dish's way of locking up more people in contracts with the Disney/ESPN deal coming up next month. Meaning they may expect to lose those channels and want to prevent people from leaving when they do.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I just hope this is not Dish's way of locking up more people in contracts with the Disney/ESPN deal coming up next month. Meaning they may expect to lose those channels and want to prevent people from leaving when they do.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Would not bother me in the least.

after a weekend with the hoppers i am absolutely BLOWN away! i know i have a wife but can i marry the hoppers??? :D the best DVR out there hands down.......

Looking foward to my delivery of HWS later this week, looking foward to seeing the diffrence other then some of the new features as I wil still have a "original Hopper" as well

Looking foward to my delivery of HWS later this week, looking foward to seeing the diffrence other then some of the new features as I wil still have a "original Hopper" as well

Once you use the HWS, you're going to want to throw your original hopper out the window. When I had both, I ended up using the HWS most of the time since the overall response on the original hopper is slow compared to it.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Install needed?

I want to upgrade from regular Hopper to HWS. Do I really need an installer? Don't I just swap them out after backing up my shows and timers? Is it better to negotiate with CSR or DIRT?
tia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)