New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

This was back in February but for some reason Dish (DIRT) couldn't just send me the HwS they had to send a tech. Never mind the fact that I installed the two other owned Hoppers myself... Wasn't a big deal though because it takes longer to ship than for a tech to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I want to upgrade from regular Hopper to HWS. Do I really need an installer? Don't I just swap them out after backing up my shows and timers? Is it better to negotiate with CSR or DIRT? tia

I negotiated with dirt first and was offered 2 free hoppers with sling. Dirt didn't offer me any credits for renewing so I tried online csr. Was offered 15.00 off for 10 months and free equipment so I took that . Try dirt first then if you don't like that offer then try csr.

I negotiated with dirt first and was offered 2 free hoppers with sling. Dirt didn't offer me any credits for renewing so I tried online csr. Was offered 15.00 off for 10 months and free equipment so I took that . Try dirt first then if you don't like that offer then try csr.

If you are upgrading via DIRT they're not even supposed to give you credits. DIRT did the best they could offer. The CSR roulette has the power to give these credits mostly, DIRT is just support, not retentions. (DIRT TEAM still rocks when it comes to award winning customer support!)

I agree with you though, I chatted before contacting DIRT and got it for free + credits.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I do notice menu scrolling and response is faster with the hopper with sling but when I change channels it's I notice it's somewhat a little bit better but not where I thought it would be. Maybe software updates will fix it.

I do notice menu scrolling and response is faster with the hopper with sling but when I change channels it's I notice it's somewhat a little bit better but not where I thought it would be. Maybe software updates will fix it.

For me the real difference is when playing back a recorded event, skip button works faster.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've been a DISH customer for 12 years and been following all of the Hopper news since the beginning. Finally looking to upgrade my aging VIP 622. Done with going back to school for the second time and switched from night shift to day shift at work equals more TV time! Lets see what kind of deals I can get. PM'ed DIRT!

I've been a DISH customer for 12 years and been following all of the Hopper news since the beginning. Finally looking to upgrade my aging VIP 622. Done with going back to school for the second time and switched from night shift to day shift at work equals more TV time! Lets see what kind of deals I can get. PM'ed DIRT!

If she hasn't yet, I let the wonderful Mary B know you were looking for a pm.

PS, the hoppa will blow your 622 away!

Mary B hooked me right up. As a retired tech. Do I have to disconnect my joeys while I set up new HWS?
When I replaced my Hopper, Joey locked up hard looking for old Hopper. I suggest you link Joey to other Hopper before removing original Hopper and then re-link to new Hopper.

Got 2 new Hoppers yesterday. Much faster. Was having sound dropping out when changing channels. TV sound OK, just the 7.1 Receiver's sound was affected. Changed the audio from RF to Line and seems to be OK now.

Got 2 new Hoppers yesterday. Much faster. Was having sound dropping out when changing channels. TV sound OK, just the 7.1 Receiver's sound was affected. Changed the audio from RF to Line and seems to be OK now.

Having the same issue with the sound. Mines there one min and gone the next .

Got my HWS today via UPS. Two business days...much faster than promised. Need to start backing stuff up.