New version of 922??

c5auto

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I need to upgrade from 622 to 922, anyone "know" if a newer version of he 922 is on the way or should I just get the currently available one ($200 seems like a lot!!).

Thanks,

The only thing we know about is Charlie's shooting from the hip and "inventing" a 923. If you can wait until CES, do so.

TheKrell said:
The only thing we know about is Charlie's shooting from the hip and "inventing" a 923. If you can wait until CES, do so.

Ces is next week, so guess we will find out then. We will of course be there. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ces is next week, so guess we will find out then. We will of course be there. :)

If a receiver with bulid in google tv was planed that will not be shown at ces.

It is rumored that google had asked manufacture of google tv to not show the product at ces.

Maybe they should get their crap hardware/software working first that they dumped into the market on us unsuspecting consumers before releasing more crap to the marketplace.

If a receiver with bulid in google tv was planed that will not be shown at ces.

It is rumored that google had asked manufacture of google tv to not show the product at ces.

Not a rumor. With all the missed promises/late delivery of basic VIP functions(ie; EHD) the 922 has given Dish I hope Charlie moves on from any incarnation of a 9xx box. Gee, a 1022 maybe... new promises, blah blah blah.

Maybe they should get their crap hardware/software working first that they dumped into the market on us unsuspecting consumers before releasing more crap to the marketplace.

This is the way DISH has always worked. They release crappy receivers with buggy software . Then they spend months , even years fixing the glitches till they stabilize the receiver, then they discontinue them. Start the entire cycle over again, a new receiver , with more promised features, that never see the light of day. This has been the way it has been since 1999 when they released the original web tv/dish player. They promise great features ,coming SOON, then they either delete those features one by one , or never deliver on them. Same for the 721, 921,811,922 and I am sure the same on the new vaporware "923" with built in google features that Charlie talked about on the chat a few months back.

I was all set to get a 922 since it had first been announced...then read about all the problems along the way. I thought I'd wait them out, but then when I read about it being continually flaky with recordings, plus the rumored death of the "sling catcher" (to send HD to second TV)...and now they are already taking about a replacement. Either way...I decided to just let the dust settle on the 92x series receivers and got a 722k+Sling Adapter earlier this week instead.

I was all set to get a 922 since it had first been announced...then read about all the problems along the way. I thought I'd wait them out, but then when I read about it being continually flaky with recordings, plus the rumored death of the "sling catcher" (to send HD to second TV)...and now they are already taking about a replacement. Either way...I decided to just let the dust settle on the 92x series receivers and got a 722k+Sling Adapter earlier this week instead.

You made the smart choice. I only wish I had kept my original 722k and avoided the 7 months I spent with the 922.

Wow!

I must be the only one who really enjoys their 922. I've had it since release. Some early frustrations but I was patient and really have had no issues. I also have had no issues with Sling either.

I must be the only one who really enjoys their 922. I've had it since release. Some early frustrations but I was patient and really have had no issues. I also have had no issues with Sling either.

You must be the lucky one. There is always at least one in the crowd.;)

I love the 922 as well! No Issues here! ^_^

No, I think lots of us enjoy the 922 (myself included). Mike D. has 9000+ posts for a reason... :)

I've had a 922 for a few months, and it's been more reliable than my 722K that preceded it. There are still some Sling issues for Dish to fix, but it's a really good receiver in my opinion.

I agree overall since the EHD feature was fixed I have been pretty pleased. I think it is sh*tty of Dish to charge an extra $4 per month for the "sling" feature, when I don't have to pay any extra for my 722K/Sling adapter that does the same thing. The 922 is a good receiver but still does not live up to the hype.

I agree overall since the EHD feature was fixed I have been pretty pleased. I think it is sh*tty of Dish to charge an extra $4 per month for the "sling" feature, when I don't have to pay any extra for my 722K/Sling adapter that does the same thing. The 922 is a good receiver but still does not live up to the hype.

I agree. The extra $4.00 fee was a really bugged me when the 722/722k subs with a sling adapter didn't have to pay it. I now have the sling adapter on my 722k and it works great. The 922 never worked as easy and as well using the same internet,computer ,etc. I think the adapter is built better ,or has the bugs worked out, that the 922 still has ,in regards to the sling feature.

The 922 has been working well for the past few months. The lost recordings bug seems to have been minimized. As far as the $4/month for sling, you could view it as 25 months of $4 fee or pay $99 up front for the adapter. If you upgrade your 922 within 2 years you come out ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)