New version of 922??

Well, I ordered my 922 from dish. Upgrading one of my 622s. I have been lurking on these forums for a while and it appears that the 922 is refined enuf for my patience level. I have been with Dish for many years and certainly have been an early user of a few receivers that didn't work that well until a number of revisions. I decided to give the 922 some time. Discovered that I really liked accessing tv on my IPad so I got a bit more motivated to pull the plug. We'll see how it goes...

I must be the only one who really enjoys their 922. I've had it since release. Some early frustrations but I was patient and really have had no issues. I also have had no issues with Sling either.

I like mine also. The remote access has been working very well with my Toshiba laptop, D-Link N-router, and Verizon FIOS internet. I added the MT2 module to be able to receive PBS, CW and independent OTA locals in HD. The graphics in the EPG are excellent as are the icon-based menus.

The 922 should be able to do more with an external hard drive than it does. Otherwise I have seen none of the flakiness that others are complaining about.

Last edited:
mike123abc said:
The 922 has been working well for the past few months. The lost recordings bug seems to have been minimized. As far as the $4/month for sling, you could view it as 25 months of $4 fee or pay $99 up front for the adapter. If you upgrade your 922 within 2 years you come out ahead.

It is not the $4 that bothers me so much, it is the principle. That Dish is always over charging on fees and ripping people off.

bobvick said:
I agree overall since the EHD feature was fixed I have been pretty pleased. I think it is sh*tty of Dish to charge an extra $4 per month for the "sling" feature, when I don't have to pay any extra for my 722K/Sling adapter that does the same thing. The 922 is a good receiver but still does not live up to the hype.

I agree with you as well.

I have some sling issues as well but mine are because my Internet isn't fast enough. Only 300k upload. However using sling to my home computer or iPad when I'm at home works great. The receiver overall though works great. It needs to have dish pass and manual recordings added. Really missing that. Also dish needs to change how they get ota guide info to us. I have no info for my ota stations. But that's a dish problem not a 922 problem.

tpautler said:
Well, I ordered my 922 from dish. Upgrading one of my 622s. I have been lurking on these forums for a while and it appears that the 922 is refined enuf for my patience level. I have been with Dish for many years and certainly have been an early user of a few receivers that didn't work that well until a number of revisions. I decided to give the 922 some time. Discovered that I really liked accessing tv on my IPad so I got a bit more motivated to pull the plug. We'll see how it goes...

The 922 has now been in place for a couple days. It has settled in flawlessly so far. Everything seemed to be downloaded and in place after a day. It connected into everything automatically including my media stuff on a couple computers on my home network. All is just showing up where it should.
Love the interface. The remote access on the computer and my IPad looks great so far.

Not a rumor. With all the missed promises/late delivery of basic VIP functions(ie; EHD) the 922 has given Dish I hope Charlie moves on from any incarnation of a 9xx box. Gee, a 1022 maybe... new promises, blah blah blah.

No, this was the 1022:

grfx_01.jpg

Just switched from Directv to Dish and got the VIP-922. So far no problems and very good service. I'm getting HD on more channels that we watch. The 922 is faster and more flexible than my top of the line DTV unit. Sling works great and the unit is very flexible. Added the OTA module and I can now record two OTA and two satellite channels at the same time. Very happy with the switch.

Just switched from Directv to Dish and got the VIP-922. So far no problems and very good service. I'm getting HD on more channels that we watch. The 922 is faster and more flexible than my top of the line DTV unit. Sling works great and the unit is very flexible. Added the OTA module and I can now record two OTA and two satellite channels at the same time. Very happy with the switch.

Very happy to hear this.Welcome to the 922 Forum.Keep us informed.:welcome:)

I am happy with my 922 as well, got her a month after release, n love it. maybe missed 3 recordings since i got it. Any of u people ever had charter, talk abou horrid equipment! They are still putting in moxi boxes that were originall put in service in 2002, with a 80gig hd! Tried them for 4 months, and went through 8 DVR's! Theyd overheat n crap out! I feel absolutelly BLESSED with my 922!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts