new viewsat max hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I knew this was coming when I saw you posted it for sale on eBay.
Just didn't want to say anything in public 'till it was gone.

Hope you didn't lose anything for your trouble.
Do appreciate you giving it a try, though.

Guess Viewsat continues to be the leader in their field.
Too bad it's not FTA.

Thanks again for taking one for the team. :cool:

I do appreciate that it was not discussed till I had a buyer and it was payed for.

It does have a sweet interface and I did have high hopes on it being a good receiver but after calling Viewsat 3 times, I lost all hope and put it up for sale and built a new Computer with the money ( damm sweet 4:2:2 on the new PC BTW and does DVB-S2 well :) )

I broke about even after all said and done, maybe someone else can be the guinea pig next time :)

It does have some software bugs, off the top of my head:
1) Seems impossible to delete channels, they just get moved to the end of the list.
2) Sometimes when moving to a new satellite that thing doesn't seem to be able to find the new channel. This can be fixed by moving to a channel on a different transponder, or by just going into the Antenna Setup menu without actually doing anything there.

In the last couple of days Viewsat has put updated firmware on their site (Version 1.05) which seems to have fixed these bugs, among others. I just unzipped their file onto a USB flash drive and used the menus to upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)