9477 - WorldSport
9478 - UltraHD
9479 - KungFU
9480 - Film Fest
9481 - MonstersHD
9482 - HDNews
9485 - Game Play
9486 - Family Room

As discussed in other threads in our Dish Network area, the format change is expected to occur as early as this week, perhaps even on Monday or Tuesday.

Update: KungFu and FilmFest are now live. The launch of the other five new channels (shown in blue) has been delayed till February 1

Ok, I'll do, but keep in mind that the channel numbers may still change.

Ilya said:
All indications are that the new VOOM channel lineup will be as follows:
9470 - Rave
9471 - EquatorHD
9472 - GalleryHD
9473 - Treasure HD
9474 - Animania
9475 - World Cinema
9476 - RushHD
9477 - WorldSport
9478 - UltraHD
9479 - KungFU
9480 - Film Fest
9481 - MonstersHD
9482 - HDNews
9485 - Game Play
9486 - Family Room
As discussed in other threads in our Dish Network area, the format change is expected to occur as early as this week, perhaps even on Monday or Tuesday.
Why cant VoOm consolidate Game Play, Ultra, Treasure and Gallery into one channel?? That way dish could save the resolution and bit rate for Sports and Movie channels

As one of the original VOOMERS, it sure is nice to see an active thread devoted to VOOM, again! It's been a long time. Hope it was worth the wait!

Kool! The old Gerry Anderson Thunderbirds & UFO series! Of course, they're probably just playing the DVDs, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. Not too far off...

Foxbat said:
Kool! The old Gerry Anderson Thunderbirds & UFO series! Of course, they're probably just playing the DVDs, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. Not too far off...
Absolutely not! True HD.

These were on in the old Voom days ad nauseum. They and 'Flipper' are gorgeous.

Thunderbirds and Flipper in HD. Woo--Hoo!!! All kidding aside, my wife loves those two shows. Maybe that will help my efforts in purchasing a HD LCD for the bedroom. She wants one but wants me to pay for it. I do not mind but I have to pay off the John Deere first. That will take till May. Maybe I can fudge a little as her birthday is in April. We shall see.

Gerry Anderson's stuff with Derek Meddings effects, now those are real top notch special effects not this PC garbage everyone uses nowdays :(

and they will look even better in HD

-Gary

Ilya said:
All indications are that the new VOOM channel lineup will be as follows:
9470 - Rave
9471 - EquatorHD
9472 - GalleryHD
9473 - Treasure HD
9474 - Animania
9475 - World Cinema
9476 - RushHD
9477 - WorldSport
9478 - UltraHD
9479 - KungFU
9480 - Film Fest
9481 - MonstersHD
9482 - HDNews
9485 - Game Play
9486 - Family Room

Does anyone know where GuyTV programs and Westerns will be shown? On FilmFest?

I assume the answer will be yes Ken. When Film Fest was on, it aired various movies from various directors or themes. This also included the gunslinger/western theme.

BlackHitachi said:
Why cant VoOm consolidate Game Play, Ultra, Treasure and Gallery into one channel?? That way dish could save the resolution and bit rate for Sports and Movie channels

I have been complaining about this as well, it looks like they could easily at least combine them into two stations.

I am pretty excited about WORLD and FILMFEST channels though...

My vote is for a return of MAJESTIC and then to actually show more majestic films...

Well, channel 9479 is now showing KungFu movies and has already changed its format: no longer on a 2-movie loop! However, I haven't seen the formal name change yet. Probably waiting for the official announcements at CES. Should not be too long now...

Ilya said:
Well, channel 9479 is now showing KungFu movies and has already changed its format: no longer on a 2-movie loop! However, I haven't seen the formal name change yet. Probably waiting for the official announcements at CES. Should not be too long now...
My guide *just* switched to 9479/KNGFU and 9480/FILMF! 9480 had been showing the "Film Fest" Voom bug in the upper right hand corner this morning as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)