New VOOM-15 lineup

Yeah I'm thinking about getting VOOM but waiteing on my local reseller to get the 411 in and Dish 1000's in. I just want one Dish and 1000 will be the way to go for me.

Kung Fu and Film Fest are now on 9479 and 9480 .. I assume the rest are on the way .. So happy to see this, what happened to Cosmos? Really hoping for a Sci Fi channel to give 122 a run for their money.

I expect the next live soccer broadcast from Spain (this coming weekend) will be on WorldSport!

Ok I'm thinking about getting a Dish1000 so I can get Voom so now that they add 5 more channels is it still 5 bucks extra a month??

We will find out in a couple of days. ;)

Yeah well the Dish 1000 upgrade promo runs untill the end of the month so I hope we hear something by then. Which I sure we will here on the SatelliteGuys the Best Satellite Site on the Net!! :)

I am guessing we will literally hear it here first... from the Talking Head! :D

aspanjer said:
what happened to Cosmos? Really hoping for a Sci Fi channel to give 122 a run for their money.

CosmIC HD didn't make the final cut to 15. I personally think we'll see it along with Renew, Sizzle, Coda, Torque & Lab somewhere in the future.

Slightly off topic...Is VOOM using DISH for distribution, or does it originate on C-Band/KU/??? And do ANY cable systems carry it yet? Maybe FIOS?

Just curious...seems like they intended to start programming the new channels today. Aside from the two format flips, they pulled Lab off Rave. No complaints here, but why would they do that unless the full-time Lab channel was back "on"? (Whether or not anybody can actually see it.)

One other odd bit...www.voom.com hasn't changed the channels or added the new ones, even though they updated for January. One interesting point...The Majestic page mentions the "From Page To Screen" festival which is going to be on Film Fest in a few weeks.

M Sparks said:
Slightly off topic...Is VOOM using DISH for distribution, or does it originate on C-Band/KU/???
It originates as fiber, as I understand and is streamed to E* for further uplink.

Ilya said:
It originates as fiber, as I understand and is streamed to E* for further uplink.

Thanks. Translation...if it's not on DISH, it's probably not anywhere else. Unless they're also running fiber to, say, a Verizon headend. (Who wouldn't have any trouble getting it to FIOS towns.)

Still HD-lite. :(
Please check Gary's thread for VOOM resolution updates and discussion.

Well, looks like the new VOOM channel lineup is now confirmed at CES!

Attachments

• HDonDISH.JPG
    HDonDISH.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 166
Ilya said:
Well, looks like the new VOOM channel lineup is now confirmed at CES!

Does the fine print in the bottom right corner reference 1280 x 1080 as HD? :rolleyes:

jsb_hburg said:
Does the fine print in the bottom right corner reference 1280 x 1080 as HD? :rolleyes:
:D

Actually it's a disclaimer about local HD channels.