New VOOM-15 lineup

Ilya said:
Scott has just confirmed that the launch of the new VOOM channels has been delayed till February 1. :(
And not only that, but it sounds like they will all be in MPEG-4, which means a hardware upgrade is required to get them...
Maybe I missed it, but from what satellite will the new Voom channels be coming from? I can only get the 61.5 - have a line-of-sight problem with the higher ones. Thanks for any info!

because neither satellite is visible to the whole country. So some markets will havea dish pointed at one and the rest the other

Question, you guys.... I am an old VoOmer and still have the Voom dish proudly hanging on my house. I have not kept up with all the Dish news, but I just read this thread about the added VoOm channels as of Feb. 1. This good news is getting me interested in climbing aboard, but only "interested". I will not subscribe until I see posts here about a return to high quality VoOm HD after you guys have had a few weeks of experience with the new line-up and new hardware -- probably late February or March.

That said, my question is... Is there any chance my existing VoOm dish will be usable (pointed as it is to the old VoOm Rainbow-1) connected to new Dish MPEG-4 stb? Or is the LNB and everything so different that I might as well just trash the VoOm dish? I am in northern California and never had problems receiving from Rainbow-1.

Thanks, gentlemen. And good to see U all virtually again.

But for now I remain... 1080iBeVuMiNOT!

Well, it's like this. I don't know. What I do know is DishNet would not allow me to use my Voom dish, even though it was already pointed at 61.5w. I purchased a 921 which came with a dish for 110.0w and 119.0w, but I had to purchase an additional dish for 61.5w. They charged me an additional $100 for the extra dish. I almost didn't get it for that reason. Now I wish I hadn't done so. The current programming for Voom is not only HD-lite, but is lacking extremely in content as far as I'm concerned with what I care to watch. When Voom folded, I intended to go to Directv, because I like Universal HD better than TNT HD. When DishNet grabbed Voom, it swayed me towards them. I have since added Directv HD with the purchase of a HR 10-250. Now I find myself watching Universal HD more than the whole Voom line-up. I now find out DishNet is adding Universal HD to there HD pack on February 1. To me that sux, after purchasing the HR 10-250. But, at least they are adding a few more Voom channels. If they don't at least put more programming of something I'll watch on, they better consider putting the HD back as it should be. I'm already on the verge of dropping them.
But, back on topic. I guess there's always a chance.

Al

Dish Will Let You

Dish will let you do whatever you want, you just need to know the sequence. I had Dish without the Voom channels, changed out the LNB on the old Voom dish, connected it to the Dshpro+ 500 and wala had 61.5. Then I called Dish, told them I had 61.5, 110, 119 and they activated Voom while I was on the line. They verified I was recieving Voom and that was it.

If you have a Dish Legacy system then you do not have to change out the LNB but you may need to change out your switch.

Note - if you want to put a DishPro LNB on the Legacy Voom dish you need a square to "D" shaft adapter or adapt the square to handle the "D" LNB which is what I did.
:)