New VOOM Compression Artifacts......

tattootearz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
hey guys... I wanted to mention that since yesterday VOOM hasnt quit looked the same to me on my TV. I havent changed ANY settings... I even tried a few reboots but for some reason it looks like since they've added the 2 new channels, there is a bit more compression Artifacts... and on my TV is is noticable.

Does anyone else seem to notice any changes in PQ since the new channels were added? Almost more like 480p?

Im using Component Video Output.

I dont mean to panic... but I sure hope this isnt what I THINK it is... :no

I'm only watching on the plasma, but I really can't say I notice anything different.

tattootearz said:
hey guys... I wanted to mention that since yesterday VOOM hasnt quit looked the same to me on my TV. I havent changed ANY settings... I even tried a few reboots but for some reason it looks like since they've added the 2 new channels, there is a bit more compression Artifacts... and on my TV is is noticable.

Does anyone else seem to notice any changes in PQ since the new channels were added? Almost more like 480p?

Im using Component Video Output.

I dont mean to panic... but I sure hope this isnt what I THINK it is... :no

can you be more specific? Which channel(s) are you watching?

the HDNEWS channel (100).. and I've browsed through a few others. Just to be on the safe side I wanna make sure I have the box set to 1080i... because my TV doesnt accept 720p...

Exactly how many times do I push the red button to ensure Im at 1080i?

Thanks rang, Sean & Mr. Biggles-worth... its on 1080i.. maybe its all in my mind. Lemme give it a few days...

The only channel I have found with poor video quality is the Spike channel.

Everything else lloks great

Bill

Videofx said:
The only channel I have found with poor video quality is the Spike channel.

Everything else lloks great

Bill

There are several standard channels that are sparklie loaded. Looks like Voom could do better than that. Just looks like poorly tuned stuff to me. Its amazing how satellite people can put on a channel and just expect the people to acccept whats there. Since Dish and Direct can get away with all that crappy stuff, Voom can too.

Lem52

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts