New Voom install.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BigDaddyJ

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 18, 2005
Rockford, IL
Just wanted to say hey everyone. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to go with Voom. I'll miss not having a DVR, but having the DVR the cable company gave me is almost like not having a DVR anyway. I have my install scheduled for this Friday the 21st.

I was talking to a Voom CSR verifying my install appointment and decided to ask if they were on schedule to release the DVR in March. Didn't like the answer much. He said they were still trying to release it in March, but that they were told that the release could be delayed 3 to 6 months AFTER March (so a July to Sep timeframe) and that they still had a lot of testing to do. Hope he was like most CSR's and didn't know what he was talking about.

Anyone here using RePlayTV with Voom? How does it compare to the TiVo or Dish PVR (which I used to have).

Welcome!

Be sure to followup with your local installer to make sure your install is on time and well done.

Yes, let's hope the CSR was wrong about the new DVR!

Still watching HDTV under light rain in Seattle, Gill

The CSR was not wrong about the DVR they have been saying that BS line since day one. Voom will not be around much longer trust me, just read the latest news on them! They are not releasing a DVR because they are not even sure if they will survive that long!

SatinstallerhatesVOOM said:
The CSR was not wrong about the DVR they have been saying that BS line since day one. Voom will not be around much longer trust me, just read the latest news on them! They are not releasing a DVR because they are not even sure if they will survive that long!

That is, of course, your opinion... A Satellite Installer who Hates VOOM... :D

Well time will tell, I've been installing them from day 1 and have heard since then that a DVR will be out shortly. Going on 1 year now!

Well time will tell, I've been installing them from day 1 and have heard since then that a DVR will be out shortly. Going on 1 year now!

He clearly has an agenda... I wonder why?

sound if you hate voom that bad you would get a new line of work. I bet you don't complain when you get your pay check and it is voom that has give you work for that week.

i have installed them since day one to and they just keep getting better and better and easier to install something new all the time.

What agenda could that be? Hmmm..... that unless someone comes in and fixes the numerous problems Voom will fail? Or that we are the ones in the field that have to deal with the upset customers everyday. Case in point. Had a customer call me yesterday cause he couldnt get locals. The Voom tech told him to call his installer because his satellite is out of alignment! As in the Guiness commercial that was BRILLIANT! Their own techs dont even know whats going on!

What agenda could that be? Hmmm..... that unless someone comes in and fixes the numerous problems Voom will fail? Or that we are the ones in the field that have to deal with the upset customers everyday. Case in point. Had a customer call me yesterday cause he couldnt get locals. The Voom tech told him to call his installer because his satellite is out of alignment! As in the Guiness commercial that was BRILLIANT! Their own techs dont even know whats going on!

Let's move on... Please if you could... Thanks.

No tyork thats not my only work! Unfortunately its a part of it! Take the good with the bad! You know what though you are right I love my check and knowing that with Voom around I have job security! Because of Vooms willingness to pay for service calls its great. After swapping receivers 3 times you really get to know your customers!

Just got off the phone with Adant Wireless (the local installer) and the install for tomorrow is a no go. Apperantly the combination of the weather (it has been pretty crappy here for a week or so) and Voom over pre-scheduelling installs in the area has them a bit behind. New install is now set for this Tuesday, hopefully I'll get it in time to see how good it is before Voom shuts down ;) I guess if that happens I'm only out a $1.07 (after taxes) and I'll be back to E* :(

Please go away...

Well after yesterdays news of the sale I've called and canceled my installation. To bad, now I'm stuck with cable (horrible analog PQ, barely passable digital PQ, and random drop outs with the HD althoug good PQ), E* Better PQ then cables analog or digital, don't know about there HD PQ, but I really don't want to pay $500.00 for a HDDVR, D* haven't heard a lot of good things about PQ for either SD or HD and if I didn't want to pay $500.00 for a HDDVR I sure don't want to pay $850.00 for one. Oh well.

OK after thinking about I decided what the hell. I'll give Voom a try for as long as it lasts, so I reschedualed my install for the 7th. I figure if they go dark on the first of the month I'm out nothing and if they contiune to broadcast until the satalite sale is approved I'm out $1.07 (with tax) and the monthly fee for the couple of months I get to watch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts