New VOOM Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
jnardone said:
She said the rental fee will be dropped to $5.00 per box and the mirror fee will drop to $0.
Thank you, thank you, thank you VOOM, you've saved yourself a customer by doing this. I was going to dump them in January when the price went up, but it looks like I'll have a net decrease in price. YAHOO! :yes

DarrellP said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you VOOM, you've saved yourself a customer by doing this. I was going to dump them in January when the price went up, but it looks like I'll have a net decrease in price. YAHOO! :yes
I was close too. This in my mind makes the price structuring much fairer. But I will believe it when I see it. IF it is true Voom should announce it. It also looks like Voom is giving me a big credit in December for the improper past taxes :D

The installation fee for a second receiver is still ridiculous...esp. with a "leased" system as mine. So, here's what I am doing (and believe it or not, this is per the suggestion of the CSR):

As of this Saturday, we have cancelled our Voom service. According to the CSR, they will come on Saturday and take our receiver and remote (but will leave the dish and antenna). Then, as soon as they take it, we can call in and sign up for the $1 promotion, where they will come back out and install two boxes under the deal. So, for a 6 month commitment, $1, and a week or two without service, we get the second box installed instead of $199.

...I don't understand why they cannot just offer the install for a small fee with a commitment. It costs them more money this way (the installer will have to come twice) and counts as a lost customer. There just has to be a smarter way for them, IMHO :smug

Well i for one signed up for the second time, major issues in april but everything seems great as of now, hopefully all of the issues have been worked out and i can VOOM all day , everyday. One issue though why cant VOom seem to understand customer service is something people expect. why make all of the current customers jump thru hoops just to get an offer. In effect Voom is wasting money in having to supply new boxes to an existing customer ???? does that make sense to anyone at all ?

mlkeller said:
The installation fee for a second receiver is still ridiculous...esp. with a "leased" system as mine. So, here's what I am doing (and believe it or not, this is per the suggestion of the CSR):

As of this Saturday, we have cancelled our Voom service. According to the CSR, they will come on Saturday and take our receiver and remote (but will leave the dish and antenna). Then, as soon as they take it, we can call in and sign up for the $1 promotion, where they will come back out and install two boxes under the deal. So, for a 6 month commitment, $1, and a week or two without service, we get the second box installed instead of $199.

...I don't understand why they cannot just offer the install for a small fee with a commitment. It costs them more money this way (the installer will have to come twice) and counts as a lost customer. There just has to be a smarter way for them, IMHO :smug

Read the fine print. The $5 is only good for the first 2 months then the rental for the first STB goes to $9.50 and the second STB $14.50 and the same for STB's 3,4,5,6 :shocked

Can somebody show me the fine print that says it is only good for first two months. I cant find it and I just read the details of the offer.

If you re-signup to voom, can you pay by paper billing now? I had voom before and liked it, but outrageous billing errors (month after month) forced me to cancel. I'm thinking of returning to voom (they finally fixed my billing errors, after I quit them), but I'm terrified to hand them out my credit card number again. They just cant handle the "power" of having your card # on file. Its was an open goldmine to them. Will they paper-bill now???

randym431 said:
If you re-signup to voom, can you pay by paper billing now?
You can. At least if you own your equipment. (I am not sure about leasing - this might require a credit card).

I get paper bills and pay with a check.

Those signing up or re-signing up for the 1$ promo. whats the upfront cost they charge? 1$ plus first month service?

I got my install for free with no commitment several promotions ago. Call up and bitch about that. HA!

Free vs. $1. D*mn, what's to b*tch about? My install went well and I'm happy. (PQ is much better than E*, and their installer never showed up after 5 appointments.) Just keep Vooming, just keep Vooming... :shocked

Hey, DarrlellP,

If you are using "a candle" to light VOOM maybe that is your problem in your comparison! But then you are from Oregon. (heh, heh)

Still VOOMing in Seattle under clear cold skies, Gill

I just can't believe these people who think Voom PQ is so outstanding, they must be watching on a 20" TV. There is no comparison between DiscoveryHD on Dish and DiscoveryHD on Voom, Dish wins hands down, and nothing on Voom even comes close to HDNET.

I started watching the Rose Parade on Voom and after 2 minutes switched to Dish because the leaves in the trees looked like they were swarming with maggots. That's not my idea of a pretty picture, but then I'm sure most people were looking at the flowers and not the mosquitos.

As for that candle, someone needs to light a fire under Voom's ass and make them realize what a funky picture they are sending out.

I don't get it either. It's obvious that they are compressing the heck out of the picture, How else do you think they are fitting 40 HD channels on 13 transponders along with the 100 SD channels. The content isn't much to be desired. Yet the HD newbs are still dumbfounded by it. In actuality HD isn't really that big of a deal. It's still TV.

Maybe people who are happy w/ Voom's picture quality are coming from cable HD? My parents, and I too, watch Voom HD on 8 ft wide screens, and we can't believe how much better Voom's HD PQ is than cable's. Yes, there's mosquito noise at times, and while they don't even notice it at all, it does bother me some. But the leap from cable HD picture quality to Voom is still significant. Even my newbie parents immediately notice it.

If you get the same jump from Voom HD to Dish, well, I guess we'd be *really* happy then.

But even if cable did have better PQ, we'd never go back, due to the lack of channels. We just have a hard time watching SD very much any more. And though Voom's HD content leaves much to be desired, it still beats the hell out of anyone else in our opinion.

Yea Dish has nice looking HD Its just it's only five channels so it better look GOOD DANG GOOD!! TNT i watch for basket ball. HDnets well world report and smallville i am too young to enjoye most of Hdnets movies programs. No offense if you like that stuff i just really do not. I hope Voom switches to Mpeg 4 and sometime channel 700 really looks good.. I do agree i cant watch Equator too long all that buzzing but for Hd i do like Voom much better i know all my friend come over to watch sports and movies..

Yeah if voom had E*'s piss poor HD offering and equipment they could give max bw to all channels.

And for the record voOm's SD lineup is much much better than E* SD PQ wise (on my 106 inch you see the differences).

And when I put my voom receiver in 720p mode the PQ is just as good as when I had dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)