Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is the complete new XM Lineup which takes effect tomorrow.

This comes to us courtesy of XMFan.COM

Attachments

• NEW_XM_LINEUP.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,210
  • NEW_CHANNEL_LINEUP_XMRO_LISTING.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 812
  • NEW_CHANNEL_LINEUP_QA.pdf
    31.7 KB · Views: 835
I doubt it, most of the XM stations are being eliminated and replaced with Sirius ones. The service will be almost the same except the speciality stuff like NFL and NHL, that they want you to add the $4 extra pack for. I still think MLB will be added to the best-of-xm pack for Sirius come spring.

The have effectively removed/changed/reformatted every music station I listen to... Looks like I might be getting a refund on my 2 year contract from XM... Only time will tell if the new channels will pan out for me.

Would be nice if a 5 year subscriber would have been notified sooner than a day before.

Thanks for the heads up Scott!

I personally would just love the 80's on 8 and 90's on 9 stations on Sirius without getting rid of Big 80's or Pulse. And by the looks of it, Pulse is now a contemporary station and not labeled a "90's" on that list. Interesting.

I got both services, and I got both because I like XM's Country better, and XM's 80's/90's better. I hope Sirius don't change these channels to their Country and 80s/90s channels or I won't be with either service. Its ok that they merged, but why do away with XM's good music selections for Sirius' repetetive stations. Oh well.

NFL on XM/Best of Sirius

Right now if you have best of Sirius on XM you get only one feed (home) on NFL games. On Sirius you can choose from home or road feed. Is it going to stay that way?

So what about changes to the Sirius lineup? It looks like XM will be getting several channels from the Sirius lineup, so will Sirius be getting any of the XM channels?

Yes, Sirius subscribers have the opportunity to buy a Best of XM package same of XM subscribers can buy the Best of Sirius Package. $4/mo/radio.

This sucks and I will be leaving Sat radio I hope they go under.

No old time radio is a crime and with the Iphone I can get any internet raido I want---bye bye Sat idots.

Nice. Looks like I'll be able to get Hair Nation with my XM subscription.

GAAAAAAA! I Hate Sirius music stations! If I had wanted to listen to yammering DJs, I would have bought Sirius or stuck with commercial radio!

Well, definitely a good news/bad news for my household. First Wave is incredibly repetitive compared to Fred, and it's got DJs so that bad news. On the other hand, I'd rather hear BBC Radio 1 than U-Pop, just because it's more authentic.

BPM is sticking around which is what my wife likes, but I like The System, and it looks like it's not even being replaced.

"Raw Dog" Comedy? What does that even mean? On the other hand, it'll be nice to have NPR.

Verge looks like it's moving for no good reason. But at least we're getting a punk station back (XM pulled Fungus last month.)

The Rhyme is the only hip-hop station I would consider listening to, even if it's like 30 minutes a year. So of course it's being killed with no real replacement.

Sinatra's coming back to XM...theoretically, Frank's Place just changed names, but for some reason, High Standards just wasn't as good.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the "chill" channels, as they are completely different on both services. The XM Chill channel is mostly what you would expect...ambient electronic music. (Or at least it used to be...I just turned it on and heard some vocals.) The Sirius channel is just kind of a general "mellow" channel...you're just as likely to hear REM or U2 as Moby or Delirium.

Weather Channel is going away, which is sure to piss someone off. (Not me)

Somehow, I doubt that The Catholic Channel is "not what you'd expect". I expect it to be programming for catholics.

Oh well, at long as they don't mess with Ron & Fez, I'll deal. I already miss Fred, though.

GAAAAAAA! I Hate Sirius music stations! If I had wanted to listen to yammering DJs, I would have bought Sirius or stuck with commercial radio!

Oh well, at long as they don't mess with Ron & Fez, I'll deal. I already miss Fred, though.

My thoughts exactly. Not only the DJs, but their stations have much more of a top-40 feel where they play the same songs over and over again. You can't listen to them for more than an hour without feeling like you're hearing a replay.

Losing Squizz and Ethel is a big deal to me. Alt Nation and Octane are not quality replacements. As long as 202 isn't messed with I'm likely to keep it, but I won't be nearly as happy. The real question is whether my wife will be happy with her country station replacements...

So, neither Sirius or XM has ever had an industrial channel, but at least XM had industrial shows a few hours a week. Unfortunately, it was on Fungus and The System ( which had nothing in common otherwise.)

I was just on their website and noticed the Artist Search. So I searched for the most mainstream, popular industrial act I could think of...

XM.jpg

IDIOTS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)