New XM Lineup

Now it is a question of whether to cancel XM now and monkey around with trying to get a refund out of them or to wait six months and cancel right before they are to charge me again for another year.

I knew this was coming from another thread but didn't know it was happening tonight (this soon). I was out doing errands all afternoon and The System was promoting its normal shows between songs like they normally would. The channel acts as if they will be there to see another day. What crap. As far as XM music channels are concerned, I listen to The System 80%+ of the time and had Area 38 when I had Dish and did not like it at all. Are they going to merge playlists with the Sirius stations? In other words, there are songs on The System, a lot of them, that didn't air on Area 38. Area 38 played a lot of crap. Will they start playing all the missing tunes that we enjoyed on The System? Or stick with their same fare?

Also, the PDF says "XM Everything Plus The Best of SIRIUS package includes XM Radio
Online – for free"

Well, I have the regular XM package. Not the Best of Sirius as far as I know since I am not paying anything extra. Will I still get the online listening for free like I have had for years? Are they taking online away from those of us with the basic package? This is a bunch of crap... all of it.

The System came from an outside service (As does U-Pop and a few others.). It did not originate from XM. So it's possible that they WILL be on tomorrow...just not here.

The System came from an outside service (As does U-Pop and a few others.). It did not originate from XM. So it's possible that they WILL be on tomorrow...just not here.

Very interesting. I wasn't aware of this. I see from Wiki it broadcasts in other countries, but looks like XM was the only carrier in the US.

Also, the PDF says "XM Everything Plus The Best of SIRIUS package includes XM Radio
Online – for free"

Well, I have the regular XM package. Not the Best of Sirius as far as I know since I am not paying anything extra. Will I still get the online listening for free like I have had for years? Are they taking online away from those of us with the basic package?

Relax, guy...if a car salesman tells you the deluxe model includes wheels and headlights, do you automatically assume the regular model doesn't?

The answer to your question is included in the "Question and Answer" pdf, appropriately enough...

XM PDF said:
CAN I LISTEN TO ALL OF THE NEW CHANNELS ONLINE WITH XM RADIO ONLINE?
IF YOU HAVE THE XM EVERYTHING (XME) OR XM EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF SIRIUS (XME+BOS) PACKAGES, ALL OF THE NEW MUSIC CHANNELS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO ONLINE. ALL SUBSCRIBERS ON BOTH OF THESE PROGRAMMING PACKAGES HAVE COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO XMRADIO ONLINE WHERE YOU CAN LISTEN ONLINE ANYWHERE YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THE ATTACHED XM RADIO ONLINE CHANNEL LISTING. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE XME OR XME+BOS, YOU CAN PURCHASE STAND ALONE XM RADIO ONLINE FOR $7.99 PER MONTH (XME ONLINE CHANNELS ONLY).

Looking at the lineup, I don't see XM's Big Tracks. What's the equivalent channel now?

Sucks they aren't bringing over Buzzsaw....

Oddly, it says that The Boneyard will come back after AC/DC goes away. I never listen to Boneyard, but I thought it was like Hair Nation or whatever it's called.

Maybe Buzzsaw is being replaced by Boneyard? Too bad, because actually liked Buzzsaw the few times I heard it.

Why haven't we seen the Sirius version of these changes yet? I would assume that both sides are being "synced". For example, XMU is now called Sirius XMU. I would assume this will replace Left Of Center on Sirius.

xm sirius channels

to anyone i have sirius and all i really want is boneyard will sirius be getting it. i see xm is getting my favorite channel hairnation

All we keep hearing is the "new" channels that will be on XM tomorrow, but I haven't heard anything , if any, "new" channels us Sirius subscribers will be getting. Well at least now I have heard some sort of confirmation that something new is coming. I was listening to Sirius New Country channel 60,and the DJ mentioned that Sirius listeners would be getting some surprises tomorrow. Not that big of a deal, but at least now I don't feel like XM guys are getting all the good stuff.

Relax, guy...if a car salesman tells you the deluxe model includes wheels and headlights, do you automatically assume the regular model doesn't?

The answer to your question is included in the "Question and Answer" pdf, appropriately enough...

Thanks... I found the information on their website too right after I asked this thread.

Bye Bye XMX, Lucy, Fred, Ethel, Top Tracks, & Big Tracks. Otherwise known as the only XM music channels I have preset.

I hope for the sake of my daughter, XMKids DJs are on the "new" Kids Place Live channel.

I know Mindy and Robbie Schaffer will be on the new Kids Channel. Not sure about Kenny Curtis though, which is a shame my kids like the XM Kids Animal Farm.

I will certainly miss ethel and lucy...sirius's "Lithium 24" plays grunge and 90's...which is not Lucy...and Sirius 21, Alt Nation plays some decent alternative, but when I want deeper cuts, I hit up XM 47, Ethel.

Well, just to pay them back....I guess there's no reason for me to be a dual sub anymore!!!

hey guys , what can i do ? i have 4 sirius radios and i have xm on my van which the trial is getting ready to expire. how can i add the xm to my sirius account without trying to start an xm account?
thanks

Feh. XMRO crashed; XMFan crashed. I've still got a half-hour of work or so to go. I guess I'll see the carnage when I get to the car....