Pissed about the changes? Let your voice be heard!

thestaton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Phone:

Call for immediate pick-up @ 888-635-5142 and complain now! This is a high level Sirius complaint phone #.

E-Mail:

CEO Mel Karmazin - mkarmazin@siriusradio.com
James E. Meyes President, Operations and Sales - jmeyer@siriusradio.com
Scott Greenstein President, Entertainment and Sports - sgreenstein@siriusradio.com
And Address and Phone Numbers

1221 Avenue of the Americas, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10020
Phone: (212) 584-5100
Fax: (212) 584-5200

Do it!!

I just called and they seem to want the feedback so everyone call and tell them you want all the good and original stuff back!!! not the watered down sirius bs.

Seems we, Sirius and XM subs, are all equally upset about the changes. It also seems clear competition was a good thing and there is room for more players. I love sat radio and will stay until another player arrives on the seen. However, if the FCC/Feds ever decide to stop babysitting us and end their censorship of terrestrial radio, I'd of course drop sat radio in a second.

I think PROTUS sucks as a replacement for Indie Talk. Thanks for the sharing the Sirius XM contact information for complaints. I will be using it right after I hit the submit button.

Is it me, or are most of the people who are upset/disappointed with the changes are those who had XM subscriptions? Just curious, as I've been out of touch for the last week or so and haven't really had a chance to see what the changes are like for myself as a Sirius sub. For me, if I get the chance to add MLB to my channels (if it gets added to the Best Of ...) I will be very happy. Will pay close attention to some of the new music channels on Sirius and go from there.

Most of the music channels I listen to on Sirius are great; variety of selections plus some pretty decent DJs; some are also very iffy. Yes, I grew up in the age of MTV and the 80s, and I love the original VJs who are on the 80s station. Plus, I listen to Cousin Brucie every once in a while and he's a legend. Knew that the change wouldn't appeal to everyone but it was pretty evident that it was going to happen with the merge. I've been a subscriber for 3 years now on Sirius and I hope that things get better for the industry. Would hate to have to listen to terrestrial radio again on a regular basis.

We have 2 issues Sirius is personality driven with a shallow but more popular play list. Xm was a music driven with a narrower but much deeper playlist. Some of the channels were similar between the 2 but others were very different regardless of what the intent was. Outlaw Country and X-country for example. OC plays ok music but has over the top DJs while XC had no noticeable DJs but excellent programming.

nAW DO WHAT i DID CANCELL AND TELL THE FOOLS THAT ipHONE WILL bK THEM

fools RUN xm/sirus

Not sure what being "bK'd" is but anyway; phones WILL NEVER provide what sat radio can provide overall. Stop and think at the cost for an iphone; monthly and upfront; to simply have a tiny phone with tiny speakers just to play music? What if I want to play it in the home for hours at a party or on a long road trip; what if I want one unit in the car and on in the office or home? All this talk about phones taking over the internet, video and audio world are plain nonsense. They may be a decent addition for those services in a pinch, but that's it!

Now, as for the real meat of the OP's post; I too dislike some of the channels changes and drops, so I called, emailed AND dropped one unit from my account as a show of protest.

I am a current xm subscriber, and i can tell you why most of the people complaining are xm people. Just like the post above me said the playlists on xm are much deeper and arent "top 20" oriented across all platforms. Xm subscribers got xm for the type of music "XM" played which is not watered down compared to sirius's top 20 everything. If i wanted sirius i would have got it, glad i didnt with its lack of coverage and poor terrestrial coverage, and dial up quality sound. But i got xm and loved every minute of it even when they had there down times due to satellite issues. My dads car has sirius and i really dislike the garbling digital 56k quality i hear, sounds like sh*t. Not to mention it cuts out on a cloudy day, wheras i can sit inside my house and listen to good quality sounding audio without cutouts on my inno(used to be good music to), with the lack of fake happy djs that think this is a teens birthday party.

I also hate to say how this screw up has really hurt them, can prove this just be looking at their stocks which went down 9 cents a few days after this change from 25 cents to 16, WAY TO GO CEO'S LISTENING TO ALL 6 OF YOUR SHAREHOLDERS, HOW ABOUT LISTENING TO SUBSCRIBERS WHICH PAY YOUR BILLS, BUT MAY NOT BE MUCH LONGER. I request a un merger and put everything back the way it was. I also plan to drop atleast 1 of the radios off my account soon.

I am a current xm subscriber, and i can tell you why most of the people complaining are xm people. Just like the post above me said the playlists on xm are much deeper and arent "top 20" oriented across all platforms. Xm subscribers got xm for the type of music "XM" played which is not watered down compared to sirius's top 20 everything. If i wanted sirius i would have got it, glad i didnt with its lack of coverage and poor terrestrial coverage, and dial up quality sound. But i got xm and loved every minute of it even when they had there down times due to satellite issues. My dads car has sirius and i really dislike the garbling digital 56k quality i hear, sounds like sh*t. Not to mention it cuts out on a cloudy day, wheras i can sit inside my house and listen to good quality sounding audio without cutouts on my inno(used to be good music to), with the lack of fake happy djs that think this is a teens birthday party.

As far as the cutouts, garbled sound and dial-up like quality; I have NONE of those issues; nothing even close. I have also had XM so as far as the playlists; everyone has their own tastes and likes so commenting on this is like commenting on food. You may be right, but only for you.

I can only imagine what would have happened if Directv and Dish would have merged.
It seems here locally around my hometown the only people that are upset are the XM subscribers. Most sirius subscribers are still pretty happy with everything.

Either way with either service there is so much to listen to. If one channel goes and another comes the choices are still so good.

As far as the cutouts, garbled sound and dial-up like quality; I have NONE of those issues; nothing even close. I have also had XM so as far as the playlists; everyone has their own tastes and likes so commenting on this is like commenting on food. You may be right, but only for you.
XM Satellites are in a geo-sync orbit, while the Sirius birds are low earth orbiting, that's why they cut out. Their terrestrial repeaters are pretty vast, so you must be in an area not covered by terrestrial.

XM Satellites are in a geo-sync orbit, while the Sirius birds are low earth orbiting, that's why they cut out. Their terrestrial repeaters are pretty vast, so you must be in an area not covered by terrestrial.

As I said ; I DO NOT GET ANY CUTTING OUT OR OTHER AUDIO ISSUES!

Didn't in Phoenix and don't in Memphis either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)