new york Fox's WNYW Adds High-Def Chopper

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
sean, you will have to tell us how it looks.

WNYW, Fox Television’s owned-and-operated station in New York, is taking its news and traffic reports to new heights with the addition of the market’s first high-definition news helicopter.

Called Skyfox, the specially-equipped copter from Helinet Aviation provides up to three times more detail than standard broadcast resolution and has enhanced zoom capabilities allowing license plates to be read from thousands of feet away.

WNYW is only the third station in the nation to lease an HD copter. Over a year ago, KUSA-TV, Gannett’s NBC affiliate in Denver was the first, followed by KABC-TV, ABC’s owned-and-operated station in Los Angeles in May.

Both high-definition viewers and standard definition viewers should notice the difference with the new chopper. “Being able to capture and broadcast life, high definition images from the air is the most significant development in airborne news gathering in many years,” said Kai Simonsen, WNYW airborne reporter. “I have access to numerous video, audio, and communication sources in a configuration that I can tailor to my own needs with a flip of a switch.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/tvstations/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001572546

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)