New York HD Locals from PA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsaxon2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
I live in Lock Haven, PA and would like to know if I could "move" and get the New York HD Locals?

I'm skeptical about New York. Check Philadelphia and Washington.

You would have to move to Pike County PA.
And as Juan said you might only get the Big 4. I know with D* thats all your would get.
D* spotbeams all the rest.
I'm not sure what E* does.

I agree with Jim. Philly or Washington. I believe that you are too far away from Spot 16 to get NYC HD locals. Spot 15 runs from NC to Buffalo along a NNW path. Check your signals on the spotbeams with "menu-6-1-1" and see what signal strength you get and check the list to see what markets are on Spot 15 and then find an address to "move" to.

I agree with Jim. Philly or Washington. I believe that you are too far away from Spot 16 to get NYC HD locals. Spot 15 runs from NC to Buffalo along a NNW path. Check your signals on the spotbeams with "menu-6-1-1" and see what signal strength you get and check the list to see what markets are on Spot 15 and then find an address to "move" to.
NYC is closer because "Pike County" is in the NYC DMA

Altoona or Harrisburg though is most likly. NY is Kind of far From Lock Haven

Harrisburg isn't on 61.5. I have no idea whether Altoona has HD locals yet.

Both Philadelphia and Washington (but not NYC) have a good signal where I am, but Lock Haven is further west.

The 61.5 spotbeam map on EKB is wrong. We've discussed that in one of the numerous other threads on this subject.

I just moved from NJ to just outside Allentown, PA and was getting NYC HD channels until I called and changed my service address. They then changed my locals to Philly which are all HD except channel 69 which is a local Allentown station (funny because they broadcast in HD but DNW doesn't give it to me in HD).

Anyway I wanted to say that last summer I was on an extended vacation out west. While in SD, MT and WY I setup my portable dish and was able to recieve the NYC locals (I took my 300 rcvr so it wasn't HD). It was strange seeing a program 2 hours before anyone else out there.

I have had some people tell me I was nuts; that it was impossible that I had received NY Locals out there. Even though, for 6 weeks, I saw it with my own eyes. Didn't phase them at all. Now this makes perfect sense as the NY Locals I was watching were SD.

I have had some people tell me I was nuts; that it was impossible that I had received NY Locals out there. Even though, for 6 weeks, I saw it with my own eyes. Didn't phase them at all. Now this makes perfect sense as the NY Locals I was watching were SD.
In Eastern Pa your in the NY spotbeam. You get all the HD channels they have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)