New York Yankees 2008

Wow, my Mets may suck, but they don't suck as much as the other guys.......

In a related story, complaints about E* not carrying YES have dropped to an all time low.....

Wow, my Mets may suck, but they don't suck as much as the other guys.......

In a related story, complaints about E* not carrying YES have dropped to an all time low.....

It maybe because those already left or because some have accepted that Charlie will never bring it on.

win 5 and then go lose 5... this has been the story this season... An average team... No more Mariners in the schedule so..

nope. Everyone was tired of Torres. He had to go.

Just about any manager in baseball would envy his record and most fans would be grateful to have a manager with a record like he had with the Yankees (forget the Met and Cards ). NY fans are just too impatient. If you did not win it all last year they a re upset.

but my recollection is that quitea number of players openly voiced the opinion that torre should be kept. I have a hrd time "blaming" him for the fact that thee Yankees have not won the series since the curse was reversed.

but guys this is always a slow starting team. They a re counted out nearly every year but always seem to come back.

Last edited:
but guys this is always a slow starting team. They a re counted out nearly every year but always seem to come back.

I need to see the carcass before calling them dead. They always seem to find the resources, but if they do make the Playoffs, but get bounced out in the 1st Round, that's not an improvement over Torre.

I will say that with Girardi, the ptitchers seem more willing to come inside on batters than under Torre.

Really? Yankee fans were tired of being in the Playoffs every year of Torre's regime? If they don't make it this year, and I don't see any way it's out of the question, they will miss Torre.

Torres time was over in NY. He knew it, the fans knew and the organization knew it. It was a good run while it lasted but change needed to be done for the worse or the better. It is a good thing for a baseball team to not make it to the playoffs. I live in the city and won't be surprise if they do not make it. I think this year is about development of pitchers rather than playoffs.

Funny, as a Mets fan I didn't think it was a "good thing" when that situation occurred last Season.

Quite a different situation. The Mets had the division in the bank and they collapsed at the end. Last year for the Mets it was not about development of players. They had a chance to go to the playoffs and they blew it at the end.

The Yankees this year are not in that situation. Sure they can make a run for it but right now but I doubt it with the lack of pitchers they have right now. Obviously, Kennedy and Hughe have been the downfall of the team. There are two spots that are not easy to fill. Rasner is doing quite a fantastic job but it has been a scramble so far. This is what I say it is good thing to be able to develop their need (specially the pitchers). Also after this year they will unload a bunch of contracts (like Giambi & Mussina among others).

I thought it might be a good time to re-start this thread. The Yankees pitching has been outstanding hasn't it? Starters. relievers, everybody (including Farnsworth). Scary I say.

They also made an outstanding trade yesterday - didn't they?

Looks like another playoff season for the Yanks -doesn't it?

I thought it might be a good time to re-start this thread. The Yankees pitching has been outstanding hasn't it? Starters. relievers, everybody (including Farnsworth). Scary I say.

They also made an outstanding trade yesterday - didn't they?

Looks like another playoff season for the Yanks -doesn't it?
Wow, the Yankee's thread REVIVED from the dead !
This is good to see ...

Jimbo

:eek: I must be losing it...................I never remembered this thread. Was it here in The Sports Section? I'm on this site almost daily and I don't remember this thread. (Twilight Zone music playing in the background):eek: :D

Anyways, like I've always said, there's three things in life that are certains:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. You NEVER, EVER give up on the New York Yankees!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts