New York Yankees

Look out Joba has arrived... His slider and curve was electric last night. Fastball registered as high as 98mph but he was not able to control it. Despite of all, it was impressive. BTW, there were a few here that did not think the Yankees were going to get out of the hole they were in. It is going to be a hot heated race till the end :) I hope.

??????

How do you figure ?
NY was tied UNTIL the Tigers played last night, but not after.

Lot of time left yet, anything can and probably will happen.

Yankees have made an impressive run to get back into the hunt.
Now if Detroit would work their way out of this slump .....

It will be nice to eventually get healthy, hopefully it happens before too long ...
Pitching should be getting better soon for the Tigers, so they should make the same type of run the Yankees are on when they get their guys back. :)

Jimbo

This "impressive run" was done on the backs of under .500 teams.

This "impressive run" was done on the backs of under .500 teams.

Yes but, it was done none the less. They were as much as 15 GB and now what 6.
The Tigers can't beat the teams they should be beating this year for some reason.

The next several weeks 2-3 should tell alot about the AL playoff teams, with Detroit playing NY and Cleveland , any of them could be OUT of contention by the end of this stretch ... or established themselves as the ones to beat.

Jimbo

I was not one of those naysayers ...:)

Look out Joba has arrived... His slider and curve was electric last night. Fastball registered as high as 98mph but he was not able to control it. Despite of all, it was impressive. BTW, there were a few here that did not think the Yankees were going to get out of the hole they were in. It is going to be a hot heated race till the end :) I hope.

I was one that was reminding peopel that there was alot of baseball to be played , that said, I did not think they would be able to do what they have done.

Like I said, each team has a big month of August ahead of them ... check back at the end of this stretch.

Jimbo

Championships are won by beating up on the also-rans, but you have to beat the contenders too. You are correct about this month Jimbo. This will be fun, and exciting, and nerve wracking.

Yes but, it was done none the less. They were as much as 15 GB and now what 6.
The Tigers can't beat the teams they should be beating this year for some reason.

The next several weeks 2-3 should tell alot about the AL playoff teams, with Detroit playing NY and Cleveland , any of them could be OUT of contention by the end of this stretch ... or established themselves as the ones to beat.

Jimbo

Injuries? It would be easier to list the players who haven't been hurt. To still be in it with our disabled list is a testimony to Leyland and the rest of the team that has stepped up. You need to beat up on the bottom feeders to stay in contention, but you have to beat the contenders also. You are right Jimbo, the next few weeks will seperate the contenders from the pretenders. I still feel the Tigers pitching is better than NY's or Clevelands. I'm sure the hitting is.

I wish you well Paul. But the Yankees have been on a hitting tear recently.... The Yankees v. Tigers series should be awesome. The Yankees v. Cleveland series starting soon will be telling.

Injuries? It would be easier to list the players who haven't been hurt. To still be in it with our disabled list is a testimony to Leyland and the rest of the team that has stepped up. You need to beat up on the bottom feeders to stay in contention, but you have to beat the contenders also. You are right Jimbo, the next few weeks will seperate the contenders from the pretenders. I still feel the Tigers pitching is better than NY's or Clevelands. I'm sure the hitting is.

Only 5 behind Boston - Tied for wild Card lead. WOW.

And an identical record to the METS. Amazin!!!! LOL

Fixed your post. Both teams are 64-51 heading into tonights games.

Yeah, quite an accomplishment. The Yankees have turned it on when they've needed to and made their move against teams they needed to and should beat. The only problem is that the swoon you see Detroit, Cleveland, and Boston going through now is something the Yankees can't afford. They've spent that nickel. Taking Wang out of the equation, are the rest of the starters going to live up to expectations?

For the folks who were encouraged by Mussina's last start, that was at home and against the Royals. He needs to make his statement tonight against a good offensive team.

4 Games behind Boston. Anyone think the BoSox are looking in their rear-view mirrors yet?

They dropped 2 games this weekend that they were winning in the 8th. Whoops!

Now lets see if Detroit can do as wll against the Tribe as the Yankees did this weekend.

Yankees took all 6 games against them this season. And 5 out of 7 against the Twins.

The Yankees are back and they are not looking back. Like back in 1978 my father said that he had never seen the first place team chasing the second place team and I think its happening all over again 29 years later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)