New York Yankees

Sure was, but I'm on the west coast. Henn blew it for the Yankees and Rivera almost blew it the inning before. Kudos to the Tigers for sticking in there.

Did you watch it on the MLB Package ?

The Tigers stuck with it and won that game , but they appear to be only treading water, they cannot win 2 games in a row or win a series or win the last game of a series. Not a good sign for a team that was expecting to be in the playoffs, they must come up with some clutch hitting, some two out hits to knock in runs, things they did so well last year, also the pitching has been so inconsistant it's amazing that they are as close as they are.
One day the starters are good , the next they aren't , then the bullpen can't get it done.

Jimbo

Mussina is done... The only problem is that he still has one more year under his contract. The Yankees should have left him walked last time.

Mussina has been "demoted". But "demoted" to what? He was supposed to pitch this coming Saturday against the Devil Rays but instead the Yankees called up their AAA prospect Ian Kennedy. Could he be worse than Mussina? who knows? Mussina has one more year on his contract and now sees his spot being passed by a young kid like Ian. Right now every game is critical... Yanks are 1 game out of the wild card race.

Well the Yanks have tough games coming up against the Sox, Tigers and Mariners. It was time to shake up the rotation again. Now if they could only do something with Henn. I never thought I'd want Proctor back ... lol

With 9/1 on top of us... the roster will grow 40 men so we may see Igawa, Henn, and mussina all bunched together :D trying to get answers to their season... :D

Mussina has been "demoted". But "demoted" to what? He was supposed to pitch this coming Saturday against the Devil Rays but instead the Yankees called up their AAA prospect Ian Kennedy. Could he be worse than Mussina? who knows? Mussina has one more year on his contract and now sees his spot being passed by a young kid like Ian. Right now every game is critical... Yanks are 1 game out of the wild card race.

Well, it's my understanding that Kennedy will be evaluated on a start-by-start basis. But, considering his first 2 prospective starts are against Tampa Bay and Kansas City, it seems like a calculated risk. If he were slated to go against upper echelon AL teams, the Yanks might not have made the move. If he shines, then you roll the bones again. If not, then you hope the rest makes the difference with Mussina.

Mussina has been the Yanks workhorse for the last few years, I don't know what happened his last few outings were like BP.
For now it looks like Andy and Roger are the work horses and Wang is the # 1 guy.
All tied up (wild card) today!!

Not a bad company.... He joins Randy Johnson, Mark Prior, Tom Seaver, and Barry Zito on the list of pitchers drafted out of USC.

The Rangers were asking fo this guy in the trade for Gagne and the Yankees refused to depart with Ian.

Ian Kennedy was drafted by the New York Yankees in the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft in the first round (21st overall). "I would like to go out and play," he said, "start my professional career. The earlier the better. I imagine it's not going to be very long before I start. At least that's what I'm hoping. If it does take a while, I'm ready for that -- but I want to go out and play." Although he throws 90- 94 MPH, he still is able to thrive by using finesse to retire hitters.
Kennedy was previously drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 14th round (425th overall) of the 2003 Major League Baseball Draft, but he didn't sign with them. He joins Randy Johnson, Mark Prior, Tom Seaver, and Barry Zito on the list of pitchers drafted out of USC.
Kennedy pitched 2.2 innnings for the Staten Island Yankees of the New York-Penn League, a short-season class A league, in 2006. In 2007, he began the season with the A Tampa Yankees of the Florida State League, posting a 6-1 record with a 1.29 ERA in 63.0 innings, while striking out 72 and only walking 22. He was promoted to the AA Trenton Thunder of the Eastern League, where he posted a 5-1 record with a 2.59 ERA in 48.2 innings, while striking out 57 and only walking 17.
On July 24, 2007, Kennedy was promoted to the AAA Scranton/Wilkes Barre Yankees. He has enjoyed success there, as well, posting a 1-0 record with a 1.06 ERA in three starts, striking out 19 and walking just 5. Kennedy will make his major league debut September 1, 2007, in place of Mike Mussina.
Ian Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well the Yanks have tough games coming up against the Sox, Tigers and Mariners. It was time to shake up the rotation again. Now if they could only do something with Henn. I never thought I'd want Proctor back ... lol

I believe the Yankee - Tigers series was completed a few days ago. You won't see us till next season, or possibly the playoffs. That's looking kind of iffy for Detroit, see as Kansas City has been spanking us the last 2 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)