New York Yankees

What makes you all think that he will leave and the Yankees will not sign him? Especially after the season he is having I do not see the Yankees let him go... Money is no obstacle to the Yankees.

I really don't think money is the issue. I think the issue is the way he has been treated by the media and the fans....and how he is treated in the clubhouse.

What makes you all think that he will leave and the Yankees will not sign him? Especially after the season he is having I do not see the Yankees let him go... Money is no obstacle to the Yankees.

I really don't think money is the issue. I think the issue is the way he has been treated by the media and the fans....and how he is treated in the clubhouse.

I agree with salsadancer :up

Scott Boras, his agent, is all about the money. He and Alex have not been sentimental about their decisions yet. It is all about the money. Alex is having a huge season... MVP type...

Scott Boras, his agent, is all about the money. He and Alex have not been sentimental about their decisions yet. It is all about the money. Alex is having a huge season... MVP type...

Isn't this the same Alex that they Yankees fans could not stomach the last few years , booing him endlessly wanting him gone, the one that could do nothing right ????
The same one that "Could not get a big hit when the team (fans) needed it (expected one )...."

Now, where would they be without him ???

Jimbo

NY is a tough town to play in!
How many teams could afford him and keep enough quality players to go all the way? Let's see if he comes through when the pressure is on, if not let him walk!!

Isn't this the same Alex that they Yankees fans could not stomach the last few years , booing him endlessly wanting him gone, the one that could do nothing right ????
The same one that "Could not get a big hit when the team (fans) needed it (expected one )...."

Now, where would they be without him ???

Jimbo

I say do NOT be surprised if next year, he is wearing a Cubs or a Red Sox or a Braves or IF...and this is a HUGE IF...he come back home to Miami and is wearying a Marlins uniform. I have my sources tell me that the stadium issues has heated up because NOW supposedly Wayne Huzienga, Donald Trump and MLB is getting involved. There is ALOT of development going on in Miami...especially in the downtown Miami area and the Miami River area.....so we shall see........

I honestly think this will be his last year in pinstripes. I have heard he LOVES NY, but this whole crap about him "never being a REAL Yankee like Derek Jeter" gets pretty boring and tired. Jeter is a great ballplayer....but he cannot clean A-Rods jock strap....I am sorry....that is the truth. In 5 years....if A-Rod stays RELATIVELY healthy, he will be breaking Barry Bonds' Home Run record....and THEN he will be getting the acolades he wants and deserves.

I say do NOT be surprised if next year, he is wearing a Cubs or a Red Sox or a Braves or IF...and this is a HUGE IF...he come back home to Miami and is wearying a Marlins uniform. I have my sources tell me that the stadium issues has heated up because NOW supposedly Wayne Huzienga, Donald Trump and MLB is getting involved. There is ALOT of development going on in Miami...especially in the downtown Miami area and the Miami River area.....so we shall see........

I honestly think this will be his last year in pinstripes. I have heard he LOVES NY, but this whole crap about him "never being a REAL Yankee like Derek Jeter" gets pretty boring and tired. Jeter is a great ballplayer....but he cannot clean A-Rods jock strap....I am sorry....that is the truth. In 5 years....if A-Rod stays RELATIVELY healthy, he will be breaking Barry Bonds' Home Run record....and THEN he will be getting the acolades he wants and deserves.

I hope he does go to the Cub's or then Red Sox, I think that would be great !!!
Do you think he would go to the Red Sox after the way the trade that didn't work before he went to the Yankees fell thru ?
I understand that it was a MLB or players assoc. move, but I think the Red Sox fans dislike him because thay think it was his doing.

I like both Jeter and A-Rod, so it doesn't matter to me.
There are several Yankeeas that I have liked over the years, but do not like the team as a whole.

That said : Go Tigers !!!

btw, Tigers and Yankees have 8 games coming up soon.

IF the Yankees play well and win at least 5 of them, they will be right in the thick of the race .... but if they struggle against the Tigers, they could be out of the race by the end of that series, like if the Tigers take 5-6 of 8.

The Tigers I think will right thier ship as soon as they start to play the better teams, it appears that they are currently playing down to those they are playing, and doing a very poor job at that.

Tigers head to play the Angels over the w/e, this should tell if I am correct or not, then they have the Red Sox and Twins coming.

Jimbo

Anyone has any comments on Canseco's latest attempt of getting money out his new so called book "juiced". He picked on A-Rod as implying that A-Rod maybe on the Juice. Canseco has nothing better to do these days but to get money via books that are based on his speculations. I have watched A-Rod since he came up with the Mariners. The guy is a very talented player but never had overachieved like on his numbers. He has been a very consistent player. On the other hand Mcguire, Bonds, and Sosa all went off the chart from previous seasons...

Anyone has any comments on Canseco's latest attempt of getting money out his new so called book "juiced". He picked on A-Rod as implying that A-Rod maybe on the Juice. Canseco has nothing better to do these days but to get money via books that are based on his speculations. I have watched A-Rod since he came up with the Mariners. The guy is a very talented player but never had overachieved like on his numbers. He has been a very consistent player. On the other hand Mcguire, Bonds, and Sosa all went off the chart from previous seasons...

I too have watched him since he came up.

I have been wondering why Mr. Consaco waited till AFTER he RETIRED to do his book.

What do you think his response would have been had someone else written the book WHILE he was still in the league ?
I am sure he would have denied it just like others have, he surely would not have admitted it had he still been playing.... thats why he discust me so.

Jimbo

I too have watched him since he came up.

I have been wondering why Mr. Consaco waited till AFTER he RETIRED to do his book.

What do you think his response would have been had someone else written the book WHILE he was still in the league ?
I am sure he would have denied it just like others have, he surely would not have admitted it had he still been playing.... thats why he discust me so.

Jimbo

Well, 1st and foremost...there is NO DOUBT that A-Rod, just like Barry Bonds, regardless of what YOU or I think of them as people, they are the greatest players of OUR generation. WITH AT OUT OF THE WAY...I have met A-Rod...have talk to him AND worked out with him(he was a Mariner, was on injured reserve and workout out at FIU and Coral Gables High during that time...and personally, I DO NOT think he has been on anything...AT THE SAME TOKEN...he, like Bonds, went from a skinny kid with boney legs and long arms, to very muscular guys. Now remember, steriods does not build muscles as much as it help re-coup muscles FASTER after workout and/or injuries. And baseball players use them differently than football players. I have seen this upclose from due my coaching baseball at the high school level.

Now if Canseco is gonna divulge something about A-Rod NOT being the All-American hero...I, in a small way....hope he does because A-Rod's image in a complete fraud.

Tell you a story. I was at a basketball tournament A-Rod was sponsoring at his former high school, Miami Christin Academy, and I was hangin' with a buddy of mine because he was there handling crowd control, he is Metro-Dade police officer....is job had nothing to do with A-Rod's appearance. A-Rod comes in through the double doors...nobody see him yet under the bleechers except myself, my buddy and a school administrator. One of the other officers shows up with the admin and A-Rod says, "I am here for 5 minutes...I am not signing ANYTHING and get the cops to create some kind of buffer.....". He nods to me to show me he saw me, I guess his way of saying hello...and suddenly put a big smile in his face once the announcer of the tournament mentioned his name over the PA system.

WHAT AN ARROGANT A**HOLE.....

So, do not believe the "its all about the kids hype"....because it's not there...

EDIT: and one more thing....it MAYBE about the money...but the ONLY guy that has been upfront about steriods is the guy EVERYONE wants to make a villian...and that is Jose Canseco.

I hope this isn't about steroids (re: A-Rod). I'll say one thing about Canseco, he does have credibility regarding the statements in his last book. I haven't seen anyone running to their lawyers regarding anything he printed so far.

Well, 1st and foremost...there is NO DOUBT that A-Rod, just like Barry Bonds, regardless of what YOU or I think of them as people, they are the greatest players of OUR generation. WITH AT OUT OF THE WAY...I have met A-Rod...have talk to him AND worked out with him(he was a Mariner, was on injured reserve and workout out at FIU and Coral Gables High during that time...and personally, I DO NOT think he has been on anything...AT THE SAME TOKEN...he, like Bonds, went from a skinny kid with boney legs and long arms, to very muscular guys. Now remember, steriods does not build muscles as much as it help re-coup muscles FASTER after workout and/or injuries. And baseball players use them differently than football players. I have seen this upclose from due my coaching baseball at the high school level.

Now if Canseco is gonna divulge something about A-Rod NOT being the All-American hero...I, in a small way....hope he does because A-Rod's image in a complete fraud.

Tell you a story. I was at a basketball tournament A-Rod was sponsoring at his former high school, Miami Christin Academy, and I was hangin' with a buddy of mine because he was there handling crowd control, he is Metro-Dade police officer....is job had nothing to do with A-Rod's appearance. A-Rod comes in through the double doors...nobody see him yet under the bleechers except myself, my buddy and a school administrator. One of the other officers shows up with the admin and A-Rod says, "I am here for 5 minutes...I am not signing ANYTHING and get the cops to create some kind of buffer.....". He nods to me to show me he saw me, I guess his way of saying hello...and suddenly put a big smile in his face once the announcer of the tournament mentioned his name over the PA system.

WHAT AN ARROGANT A**HOLE.....

So, do not believe the "its all about the kids hype"....because it's not there...

EDIT: and one more thing....it MAYBE about the money...but the ONLY guy that has been upfront about steriods is the guy EVERYONE wants to make a villian...and that is Jose Canseco.

Consco is upfront with it now because he's not playing anymore, he wasn't very upfront when he WAS playing now was he ?

As for your A-Rod experiences, I think there are a lot of athletes that are much different than the public perceives.
Some are friendly while others are not.
How often have you had the oppertunity to get together with him, maybe he was having a bad day ..... maybe not ... I can name a whole lot of players that are worse with the public than him, Consaco being one of them.

Jimbo

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the New York Yankee Fans....and NOW, Derek Jeter and A-Rod are buddies?!! :eek: I am now convinced he is gone....

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez became the youngest player in major league history to hit 500 home runs, sending the first pitch he saw Saturday just past the foul pole in left field. Rodriguez stood at home plate for a second after the drive off Royals starter Kyle Davies in the first inning, waiting to see if it would stay fair. He threw his hands in the air after it landed in the seats and began trotting around the bases as the Yankee Stadium crowd cheered wildly. When he reached the plate, he hugged Derek Jeter and Bobby Abreu, who both scored on the landmark home run. His teammates were already on the field and he embraced several of them on his way to the dugout. The crowd buzzed and roared again when A-Rod stuck his head out of the dugout for a curtain call. After he took his seat the bench next to Jeter, the Yankees captain reached out and playfully rubbed A-Rod's head as the two superstars laughed.

ESPN - A-Rod likes first pitch he sees, hits homer No. 500 - MLB

When you are winning all is forgiven!!

They are "winning" be they don't have enough "to win"...and truth be told...he has a better chance of winning....and this is almost scary to say, he has a better to win WITH THE CUBS than with the Yankees.....damn...we have reached the Apocolypse.....

he has a better to win WITH THE CUBS than with the Yankees.....damn...we have reached the Apocolypse.....

Will the Cubs pay him!!
There pitching is still in need of help and are they are willing to come close to the Yankee payroll?

Don't look now ... but the Yankees are tied for the wild card.

??????

How do you figure ?
NY was tied UNTIL the Tigers played last night, but not after.

Lot of time left yet, anything can and probably will happen.

Yankees have made an impressive run to get back into the hunt.
Now if Detroit would work their way out of this slump .....

It will be nice to eventually get healthy, hopefully it happens before too long ...
Pitching should be getting better soon for the Tigers, so they should make the same type of run the Yankees are on when they get their guys back. :)

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)