Newbi Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DRdeCelis

Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Hey Guys,

I got a pansat 2500A because I wanted to get some chanels from my home country Venezuela. I search the LyngSat site and figured out that the satellite I need is Galaxy 3c at 95 W, in there the package listed is DirectTV Latin America and the chanels I want are 230 to 240 and 106 to 109. I want to know if this is posible. I'm now going to buy a dish but don't know if I should buy an 18" or a 32", I want to know which one I need to get those chanels. I'm in USA on the east coast in Washington DC so I don't know if I can even get them from here. I also saw that this chanels are protected by some sort of encryption called Videoguard, would this be a problem. Let me know how I can pull this one off, it's not my fault Directv doesn't offer those channels here so I'm trying other ways, I'm a current subscriber of DTV eithe way. Thanks in advance...

There is no way to get those channels here legally or otherwise as they are on a South American beam, loads of other LEGAL channels from South America, I recommend a 30" minimum satellite dish for KU band. Good Luck with the new hobby.

Talking about getting encrypted channels for free (Hacking) is not allowed or condoned here.

I guess I'm out of luck then. I didn;t mean to say I wanted them free, I just wanted to see if they are available on FTA. As I mentioned I have DirectTV but they don't have the channels I want listed. Anyhow I'll continue looking to see if I can get them through other satellites, after all you say there is lots of chanels out there...Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.