newbie HD setup ?

chiefsman

Mar 25, 2006
Hi, I'm new here and I had a couple questions I was hoping someone could help me out with. I have a Sony KDF-60XBR950 60" TV and currently have just the regular Dish network box and setup nothing fancy. Normally when I watch dish programming the screen is not perfectly clear and a lot of times it is blurry especially with some sports. So now I want to upgrade to HD mainly for sports and especially the World Cup so here are my questions. I know Dish just came out with some new boxes and I am looking for a top quality DVR box that can get all the HD programming. What do you guys suggest and then when I hook it up to the TV what connections should I use or tell the Dish guy to use? Thanks in advance!

well there's only 1 HD-DVR from dish to choose from and that's the ViP622. The upgrade cost is $299. The HD connections you'd use are either HDMI or Component. The difference is really not that signficant. But either way I believe you have to supply your own cause dish is cutting back and not supplying them...

The difference is very significant watching sport on HD rather than SD, try CSi Miami in SD, then watch it in HD, the water pictures are incredible !

Like everyone else has already said, go with the 622. Also, it looks like your TV only has a DVI interface. In order to get HD, you'll need either component cables or an HDMI to DVI cable. DISH offers 4 different HD packages, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/dishhd/programming/pricingandpackages/index.shtml

Each package comes with 23 HD channels with the exception of the Platinum package which comes with an extra two HD channels, HBO HD and Showtime HD bringing the total number of HD channels to 25. ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, and HDNet are including in every package. I hope that helps.

thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be getting the 622. My TV does only have one DVI interface and right now I have my DVD player connected to it. Should I just use component cables and do I lose some picture quality by not using the DVI with the 622 box? thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts