Newbie Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cfitz7111

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Hello all-
I am a newbie to the site but not DirecTv itself.

I have a basic set up at home, DirecTv with Tivo in the living room (dual tuners) and a basic box in the bedroom.

About a year or so ago, I was told that there was a DirecTv line at work, and DirecTv service, and sure enough there was.

I brought my box in from home hooked it up and bam, DirecTv in my office. I called DirecTv, got an additional box for the bedroom, so I am paying for my two receivers at home and the one in my office, I am not stealing anything.

Because things had been so crazy at work lately I hadnt turned the tv on, but because we are in a weather delay today I decided to turn it on, and nothing.

I rebooted the box, and got the message that finding the satellites failed. I thought, ok no big deal, work must have cut the line, but I happened to have the original work receiver here, hooked it up, and bingo I received a signal, but if I tried to change the channel, I got the call ext 721 message.

I thought great, obviously there is a signal, I rehooked my box back up, and got the finding satellites failed message again.

Any ideas, thoughts, etc.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.