newbie here please help me about c band lnb!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

even

Original poster
Oct 6, 2015
los angeles
ok friends first post here ,,i have a question i do not understand about C band lnb i got this BUD is a 10 footer and i have install and i cant lock on alot of satelites i can only lock on W58 for right now i have no actuator i will in future when i move the dish around the arc i hear beeping and it seems like it wants to lock but i cant i feel that it might need a adjusment higher or lower dish. also i bought this lnb c band i pay 35 bucks but i notice there are a bunch more lnb please explain me the purpose of each how it works and also do i need special equippment like power inserter, here are the pictures of the one i have and the ones that i have no clue what they are ! the one i have for now it says titanium

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 208
  • ffff.jpg
    ffff.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 232
  • P1130743.jpg
    P1130743.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 238
Welcome, the first picture is a lnbf, lnbf and feedhorn all in one. The second picture is only a lnb, it needs to be bolted onto a feedhorn to be able to use it.

The third picture looks to be a orthomode feed with a Ku and a C band lnb on it, that will receive both Ku and C bands. It will also need extra equipment, such as a ASC1 controller to switch polarities though.

The first one, the Titanium one, would be the easiest to get setup and running. That one is a good lnbf but is c band only, but it won't need anything other than a receiver to use it, unlike the others in your pictures.

That's not an ortho,it's a corotor,note the little blue motor.

Ah, you're right! An ortho wouldn't need a ASC1 because it doesn't have the servo for polarity. Meant Corotor, thanks for catching that.

Forgot to mention too that besides a ASC1 for controlling the polarity servo, he would also need a switch for swapping between the two lnbs if he uses the Corotor.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Yes, the one you have now is fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)