newbie here please help me about c band lnb!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

even

Original poster
Oct 6, 2015
los angeles
ok friends first post here ,,i have a question i do not understand about C band lnb i got this BUD is a 10 footer and i have install and i cant lock on alot of satelites i can only lock on W58 for right now i have no actuator i will in future when i move the dish around the arc i hear beeping and it seems like it wants to lock but i cant i feel that it might need a adjusment higher or lower dish. also i bought this lnb c band i pay 35 bucks but i notice there are a bunch more lnb please explain me the purpose of each how it works and also do i need special equippment like power inserter, here are the pictures of the one i have and the ones that i have no clue what they are ! the one i have for now it says titanium

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 207
  • ffff.jpg
    ffff.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 231
  • P1130743.jpg
    P1130743.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 238
Welcome, the first picture is a lnbf, lnbf and feedhorn all in one. The second picture is only a lnb, it needs to be bolted onto a feedhorn to be able to use it.

The third picture looks to be a orthomode feed with a Ku and a C band lnb on it, that will receive both Ku and C bands. It will also need extra equipment, such as a ASC1 controller to switch polarities though.

The first one, the Titanium one, would be the easiest to get setup and running. That one is a good lnbf but is c band only, but it won't need anything other than a receiver to use it, unlike the others in your pictures.

That's not an ortho,it's a corotor,note the little blue motor.

Ah, you're right! An ortho wouldn't need a ASC1 because it doesn't have the servo for polarity. Meant Corotor, thanks for catching that.

Forgot to mention too that besides a ASC1 for controlling the polarity servo, he would also need a switch for swapping between the two lnbs if he uses the Corotor.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Yes, the one you have now is fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)