Newbie - Need help please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

luke331

Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
Hi all. I need your help please - I'm a newbie when it comes to audio/video setup. I have a DirecTV Tivo box and DirecTV/Tivo service. I just bought a Sony LCD TV, and when I hooked it up this afternoon, it was unable to pick up any digital channels. All it's picking up are analog channels. Do I need to upgrade my box to an HD box? Do I need to upgrade my subcription in order to view digital channels?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

Direct is all digital. Sounds like you might be picking off the air signals. I know others here can explain a bit better than me but I can try. I'm thinking you aren't picking the right input on your TV. For example, if your using HDMI from your box to your TV, make sure you turn your tuner to HDMI. Also, since I don't have the same box as you (not until next week), I'm guessing there's a TV/Dss button on your remote for your box. That might be the problem also.
Like I said others here can help a bit more than I.

luke331 said:
Hi all. I need your help please - I'm a newbie when it comes to audio/video setup. I have a DirecTV Tivo box and DirecTV/Tivo service. I just bought a Sony LCD TV, and when I hooked it up this afternoon, it was unable to pick up any digital channels. All it's picking up are analog channels. Do I need to upgrade my box to an HD box? Do I need to upgrade my subcription in order to view digital channels?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

All of the channels on Directv are digital, so I am not sure what you are asking. Are you talking about digital ota signals? How do you have your equipment hooked up?

After rereading your post. Do you mean you aren't picking up High Def Channels but just Standard Def? If that's the case, then yes you will need to subscribe to HD through Direct. Also if you don't have one, you'll need at least a 3 LNB Dish.

slacker106 said:
is a tivo rec hd rec? not sure if it is just my thoughts

True, you would need a HR10-250 Tivo Box to get HD also. Not the ummm I think the H10. Just trying to help. Not the expert here. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts