NEWBIE: Need help with double play

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I have searched and really cant find any information on what double play is exactly. I understand there is no keyword for it but, how do I use it? And what does it do?

Thanks in advance....

I have searched and really cant find any information on what double play is exactly. I understand there is no keyword for it but, how do I use it? And what does it do?

Thanks in advance....

I believe it is the dual-live buffer feature; press the down arrow button on remote while watching a channel you want to watch. Tune again to another channel you like to watch and use the down arrow to toggle between the two buffered channels. Pause and trick play with remote is available for both channels so you can pause one while watching the other. Used to work with the yellow button but now it's the down arrow. Only for DVR with CE s/w and active for two hours but limited to buffer time which I think is 90 minutes. Hope that is accurate and helpful. If you have a dvr with CE try it.

I believe it is the dual-live buffer feature; press the down arrow button on remote while watching a channel you want to watch. Tune again to another channel you like to watch and use the down arrow to toggle between the two buffered channels. Pause and trick play with remote is available for both channels so you can pause one while watching the other. Used to work with the yellow button but now it's the down arrow. Only for DVR with CE s/w and active for two hours but limited to buffer time which I think is 90 minutes. Hope that is accurate and helpful. If you have a dvr with CE try it.

Very good post Armchair :up

Welcome to the site in case I missed you previously:)

The Double Play has changed names like 3 times now in the last beta weeks ...

Jimbo

CE thoughts

Has anyone run into an error message with MRV that says to many items are being played from the playlist. I had content playing on my computer from the bedroom DVR and I was getting this message when I would try and play content on the family room dvr from content on the bedroom DVR at the same time.

I do like the combined playlist but I wish you could shade the title to a degree so you could instantly tell which dvr the content resides on.

Alos why do we have to engage DLB, just have it one at all times

Just my 2 Cents

Love the MRV function but it is a bit choppy running it through a 14MB powerline

Trevor

Has anyone run into an error message with MRV that says to many items are being played from the playlist. I had content playing on my computer from the bedroom DVR and I was getting this message when I would try and play content on the family room dvr from content on the bedroom DVR at the same time.

I do like the combined playlist but I wish you could shade the title to a degree so you could instantly tell which dvr the content resides on.

Alos why do we have to engage DLB, just have it one at all times

Just my 2 Cents

Love the MRV function but it is a bit choppy running it through a 14MB powerline

Trevor

The reason you have to engage DLB is because the DirecTV software engineers have designed it that way.The reason? Only the DirecTV software engineers know because they also know what other features they plan to put in the DirecTV HDDVR+.The main reason given for DLB is the ability to watch 2 games at the same time so it seems that DirecTV is listening to their customers now the next question is will DLB make it to a national release?.:confused:

Double play would be way cooler if you could put them up side by side and flip between their audio, say like mix channels.

EKG