newbie needs help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbigdad2121

Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
pennsylvania
Hi all, been a long time lurker studying the wealth of information available here! Just wanted to say thanks and introduce myself and ask a question. So I have almost gathered up the pieces to setup my first budget fta system. Nothing special a used 30 in dish and a cheap supersat 6000 brand new. Everything dirt cheap. So I want to get used to aiming this setup before I think about doing anything motorized. I have done a few 18"s over the years so hopefully this will be similar. Does any body have any suggestions for what bird to aim for (as far as a diverse bit of free programing) I saw some old threads but alot of satellites have changed names and such. I dont really have any preferences I have cable I am just looking to supliment as a hobby. If anyone has any suggestions,hints or tips I would love to here them.I have a pretty clear southern line of sight in central southern Pennsylavania and a pretty good dish spot I just need to take down my ancient broken 6ft bud and then I got a good plum pole to use. Would love any suggestions or tips for a newbie!
Thanks
Craig

My two suggestions, in the order I would prefer, would be Galaxy 18 at 123w and Galaxy 19 at 97w. AMC 9 at 83w also scores high for quality shows (RTN), although there are only two feeds (east and west).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)