Newbie needs some HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FTABman0

How do I use DiSEqC 1.2 to do my initial setup?

What I mean is... I'm used to trying USUALs to get the start position from TRUE SOUTH. How do I get Nimiq 2's position from DiSEqC 1.2?

I was thinking of going to dishpointer.com and getting the degree of the Nimiq2 sat from my true south ie Azimuth (magn.): 192.2° and then manually turning the dish 12 degrees (192-180) to the west and then trying to find the nimiq2. Is that right?

Determine your true south satellite. Then set your motor control positioning to OFF.

Next, use the manual positioning buttons on your motor to align the motor tube to zero degrees.

Next, move your motor on the mast, the motor clamps east to west, to find the signal from the true south satellite. When you find that, turn your motor position control ON with DiSEqC 1.2 instead of USALS.

If the motor moves off position from where you had it set, step it back with the motor positioning until it is peaked, then click on the RECALCULATE/SAVE or maybe it is STORE POSITION, I don't remember the phrase they used in the menu now.

Now look for one sat east and one sat west using DiSEqC positioning and when you find them, save the position again. Then try finding other sats using USALS.

AcWxRADAR

Determine your true south satellite. Then set your motor control positioning to OFF.

Next, use the manual positioning buttons on your motor to align the motor tube to zero degrees.

Next, move your motor on the mast, the motor clamps east to west, to find the signal from the true south satellite. When you find that, turn your motor position control ON with DiSEqC 1.2 instead of USALS.

If the motor moves off position from where you had it set, step it back with the motor positioning until it is peaked, then click on the RECALCULATE/SAVE or maybe it is STORE POSITION, I don't remember the phrase they used in the menu now.

Now look for one sat east and one sat west using DiSEqC positioning and when you find them, save the position again. Then try finding other sats using USALS.

AcWxRADAR

Sorry, was over at the HDTV OTH side of the forums reading!

ratio
Radar is right on the money!! Thanks AcWxRADAR!!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Sorry, was over at the HDTV OTH side of the forums reading!

ratio
Radar is right on the money!! Thanks AcWxRADAR!!

B~Man

FTABman0,

Well, I appreciate the huge vote of confidence for sure! But, I was just offering a troubleshooting idea more than an instruction. I feel confident that it will work, but, with this Sonic View receiver (either the 360 Premier or the Elite) it could be an anything goes rally here.

I only understand what appeared to make this receiver work for me, so I am merely suggesting it as a test. If others attempt this and it works for them, too. Then maybe it is accurate and not just a random fluke.

I guess we will see. Looking forward to the results.

AcWcRadar

AcWxRadar
No man, go right ahead and suggest! I do not know everything and will be the first one to admit it! I learn something new all the time with tricks and tips & better ways of doing things reading here like all members! Seems like this may be an issue with that particular box! Someone that has one and has had similar problems and mad them work is great! I wish there was a member that has the same problems with the CNX Mini! I would love to hear & try any suggestions on fixing it to more user friendly!

I have had major problems in the past and I welcome all suggestions I can read and value each member very resourceful believe me!

Not Knowing this STB your post seemed like a great suggestion and I was not trying to be sarcastic! He has done everything else right! I was running out of things to try other than the proper way of resetting everything to the book.

I just left that part of the forums to back off and let someone else offer advice! With all the knowledgeable members here, someone will come up with a solution!

That is what the forums are for, help, troubleshoot, all member ideas and good friends!

Hope ratio figures this problem out!

B~Man

AcWxRadar
No man, go right ahead and suggest! I do not know everything and will be the first one to admit it! I learn something new all the time with tricks and tips & better ways of doing things reading here like all members! Seems like this may be an issue with that particular box! Someone that has one and has had similar problems and mad them work is great! I wish there was a member that has the same problems with the CNX Mini! I would love to hear & try any suggestions on fixing it to more user friendly!

I have had major problems in the past and I welcome all suggestions I can read and value each member very resourceful believe me!

Not Knowing this STB your post seemed like a great suggestion and I was not trying to be sarcastic! He has done everything else right! I was running out of things to try other than the proper way of resetting everything to the book.

I just left that part of the forums to back off and let someone else offer advice! With all the knowledgeable members here, someone will come up with a solution!

That is what the forums are for, help, troubleshoot, all member ideas and good friends!

Hope ratio figures this problem out!

B~Man

FTABman0,

I didn't take your comment to be sarcastic at all, I thought it was simply more good dialog for the thread and appreciated. I was merely trying to make a clarification of my suggestion. So I didn't mean my reply to appear otherwise.

Without knowing what is going on in the USALS program that was written into the Sonic Views, I have no idea what is truly going on or why what I did made it work, only that it improved it enough to make the receiver's USALS mode usable for me.

I do have a theory of sorts, but cannot prove it. The theory is that they are using address tables of sorts and when you select a specific satellite, it indexes the wrong address in the table. Without being able to look at the programming, it is just pure conjecture on my part.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)