Newbie that needs help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jacob lieberman

Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Gladwin Michigan
I just discovered FTA and know nearly nothing about it and need help setting it up. I have a pansat 3500sd and a kti 25' mesh dish, I'm not sure if the two are compatible. Thank you to any one that helps

While the receiver is outdated it will work with some channels. Are you sure a 25 foot dish? Wow I am jealous.
Where about are you? It would help to give you an idea of where to point you dish.
A new receiver will get you a lot more channels, since most channels are in HD now.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using the SatelliteGuys app!

0329171826a.jpg
0329171827.jpg
0329171828.jpg
0329171828a.jpg
0329171829.jpg
here are some pictures that might help you help me

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to need a mover to move that dish. You have two choices. You can locate a Vbox or Gbox or you can buy an Titanium ASC1.
If you decide to stay with a separate feedhorn and LNB combo with polar rotor the ASC1 with move the dish and skew the feedhorn antenna for you.
You could also you a car battery or other 12-36V DC source to manually move the dish just to see if the actuator works.

You can also go with an all in one feedhorn/LNB combo better known as an LNBF and you will not have to worry about having something to skew the polar rotor, you will however still need to have something to move the dish.
That receiver will work for a few transponders, however the majority of them have all went to DVB-S2, that box is a DVB-S1 or simply DVBS.
It will work to get your feet wet however.

You will have to wait I guess until you get on a computer. There are several pages of PDF files attached to that post. Very informative write up on how to set-up a BUD. :)
The guy that wrote it passed away last year, however he still lives on helping people set-up their BUDs.
BUD: An acronym for Big Ugly Dish. However, I think they are beautiful works of art!! :)

You will just keep at it. Great feeling when you get that first signal! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)