Newbie upgrade questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hardknox00001

Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Ok, I'm a newbie here so don't kill me to bad. Anyhow, I have Directv and have since they were Primestar. All I have ever had was one receiver and the one horn dish. The receiver I currently have is the Hughes HIRD -E1 that uses the old black remote with the blue buttons. Yeah I know, pretty outdated. I have wanted to upgrade but have not felt like swinging through the jungle and trying to decipher out the best deal from all the smoke and mirrors. I haven't been on a contract for many years now and have the Total Choice package for ~ $65.00/month.

So the obvious questions

1. What do you recommend I upgrade to as far as equipment goes? I was thinking of having at least three rooms done.

2. How do I go about getting the best deal and cutting through all the extra fluff that confuses?

3. Have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Randy
Liberty, TN

Call and say cancel at the voice prompts. That will get you through to retention.

It is there that you will get the best possible deal for a current customer.

Call and let them know you'd like to catch up and get yourself a HD recvr or a HD DVR, depending on your needs.

They will look up your account and tell you how great a sub you have been and seeing you've been with them forever, you should get a decent deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts