Newbie with many questions

srcole

Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Hi-

I have been searching for the correct solution(s) to my issue through the forum but still can't quite figure it out. The more I read the more I get confused...

I am a current customer with Dish-location S.F. bay area- Northern California . I own two receivers: 510 & 301 & have just purchased a VIP622 intending to replace the 510.

Current configuration: 2 dishes one a dish 500 receiving 119/110 & another dish for locals-148 both fed to two DP21's to the two receivers. (2 lines are from both satellites to the switches-4 lines total to two receivers.)

I can't use Dish installation unless i want to spend a boatload of money for parts & labor.... & after talking with their tech support (on the phone 5 times, given 5 different answers & being disconnected 3 times) I am a bit frustrated.

Questions: What is the best & simplest way to upgrade- replace the DP21's with a DPP44? feeding the 2 receivers. (with the power inserter & separator at the Vip622) or do I need a whole new dish (like the 1000... or ?) to add on or replace the existing system? or ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts